Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2014, 01:26 PM

155 posts, read 165,398 times

Advertisements

Can Excessive body heat be associated with excess of testosterone for men?

I was wondering if by eating soy based food it would help to cooler my body?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 01:37 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichig View Post
Can Excessive body heat be associated with excess of testosterone for men?

I was wondering if by eating soy based food it would help to cooler my body?
I've heard that weight can affect body heat, but I don't know about testosterone.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:56 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,380 times
Testosterone can..

However if your a man I see absolutely no practical reason why any man would want to lower their natural testosterone levels.

Low testosterone has tons of negative side effects. Depression, Erectile Dysfunction, etc.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:10 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Testosterone can..

However if your a man I see absolutely no practical reason why any man would want to lower their natural testosterone levels.

Low testosterone has tons of negative side effects. Depression, Erectile Dysfunction, etc.
He wasn't talking about lowering his T. I think he had in mind trying to balance it with phytoestrogens from soy.

I doubt that would work, OP. Estrogen isn't naturally occurring in men, so I don't think it would work. You'd have to find out from an endocrinologist what it is in the male system that would balance high T. What might work is asking a Chinese herbalist, and getting acupuncture. They're good at releasing excess heat from the system. "Oriental" medicine is about analyzing and treating that kind of thing. The best practitioners, btw, are the ones that have trained with someone from Taiwan or Hong Kong. Japanese acupuncturists are also good.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:31 PM

84 posts, read 100,763 times
Yes, high testosterone may result in elevated body heat. As a man, high testosterone is a beautiful thing, I see no reason to lower it.

What's your body composition like?

Either way, eating soy will do nothing to effect your test levels, as Ruth4Truth pointed out. It may elevate your free estradiol levels, but that doesn't affect testosterone.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomoley View Post
Yes, high testosterone may result in elevated body heat. As a man, high testosterone is a beautiful thing, I see no reason to lower it.

What's your body composition like?

Either way, eating soy will do nothing to effect your test levels, as Ruth4Truth pointed out. It may elevate your free estradiol levels, but that doesn't affect testosterone.
Thank you all for the answer.

I have 1,74 cm and 72 kgs, i am very active so this doesn't help to keeping my body colder :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He wasn't talking about lowering his T. I think he had in mind trying to balance it with phytoestrogens from soy.

I doubt that would work, OP. Estrogen isn't naturally occurring in men, so I don't think it would work. You'd have to find out from an endocrinologist what it is in the male system that would balance high T. What might work is asking a Chinese herbalist, and getting acupuncture. They're good at releasing excess heat from the system. "Oriental" medicine is about analyzing and treating that kind of thing. The best practitioners, btw, are the ones that have trained with someone from Taiwan or Hong Kong. Japanese acupuncturists are also good.
This sounds interresting I will give it a try!

Are there any medicinal herb that could help with this issue?

Old 10-01-2014, 08:30 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

There are tons of studies that have shown high levels of soy in a mans diet can decrease their testosterone and in some cases increase their estrogen levels. Of course, some against that notion as well, so certainty no way to say 100% sure either way

Also, much to your dismay, estrogen IS a naturally occurring hormone in men. Just like how women have testosterone, it just isn't as prevalent.

I am unsure what his direction was with the soy comment, but mine was still accurate if that was his intent, and you thinking that men don't have estrogen really makes this a discussion not worth having.

http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/...gative-effects

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/3486961

Old 10-01-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
There are tons of studies that have shown high levels of soy in a mans diet can decrease their testosterone and in some cases increase their estrogen levels. Of course, some against that notion as well, so certainty no way to say 100% sure either way

Also, much to your dismay, estrogen IS a naturally occurring hormone in men. Just like how women have testosterone, it just isn't as prevalent.

I am unsure what his direction was with the soy comment, but mine was still accurate if that was his intent, and you thinking that men don't have estrogen really makes this a discussion not worth having.

Soy's Negative Effects | Men's Health

10 Ways to Keep Testosterone Levels High*|*Dr Mike Hart

Thank you for the answer.

Do you think that soy would help to make the boldy colder because of the estrogen production?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness