Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 07:56 PM

4,797 posts, read 5,995,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt F4 View Post
Eating all those meals cannot be healthy. Your body never gets an opportunity to detox itself. Your muscles don't recycle.
Come again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 08:09 PM

35 posts, read 59,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
Come again?
When you fast, your body produces something called BDNF or Brain Derived Neurotropic Factor which plays a role in recycling old and/or damaged brain and muscles cells.

It helps keep your body biologically young. If you're eating 7 meals a day like the Rock did in preparation for his role in Hercules, you don't give your body an opportunity to recycle damaged cells.

If you want to be a bodybuilder, obviously this is the lifestyle you have to live, but for normal people who want to be healthy, but still have a great physique, it's not the optimal lifestyle.

Old 12-03-2014, 02:27 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,354,565 times
Quote:
Come again?
Actually, in a sense he is correct. Eating as much as many bodybuilders or people trying to gain weight do, is hard on the internal digestive system and such. While how much I eat is not ideal for health, I think it's still better than someone who eats garbage in a lesser amount.

I don't think there's much debate that the HUGE quantities of protein, carbs, fats, etc. that many top level athletes eat, is good for their digestive system.

Again, it's not ideal, but it's hardly reason for a concern vs. the million of other poor things people do with their diets..

Old 12-03-2014, 02:29 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,354,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt F4 View Post
When you fast, your body produces something called BDNF or Brain Derived Neurotropic Factor which plays a role in recycling old and/or damaged brain and muscles cells.

It helps keep your body biologically young. If you're eating 7 meals a day like the Rock did in preparation for his role in Hercules, you don't give your body an opportunity to recycle damaged cells.

If you want to be a bodybuilder, obviously this is the lifestyle you have to live, but for normal people who want to be healthy, but still have a great physique, it's not the optimal lifestyle.
How long of a break do you really need? I eat 6x a day but my last meal is usually at 8 p.m. and my next isn't till 5:30 or 6 a.m... That gives me a good 10 hour break or so, plus I have around 3-4 hours between my other meals..

It's not as bad as you seem to think, in my opinion.

Old 12-18-2016, 05:40 PM

599 posts, read 690,513 times
Quote:
Because some people want to believe that they can find that magical workout program and eating regimen that will put on that much size on them.

Here, I'll cut out the middle man for ya and give you the plan.

Eat 6000 calories a day, 2-3 g of protein per lb. of bodyweight, keep fat under 100 grams a day, eat only brown rice and broccoli as your carbs (substitute yams for brown rice every other day), don't season your meat, boil your chicken, eat mostly chicken and turkey without skin, and eat 6 times a day. Carry a cooler with all your meals so you don't go catabolic. Actually, forget chicken, eat elk meat and bison. They are game meats thus more alpha and paleo friendly. For fruit I would add bananas for potassium as it helps against water retention. But not too many, you don't want all that FRUCTOSE to turn into fat. For breakfast eat steel cut oatmeal.

Now, go and workout twice a day. Here is the routine:

Monday AM:
Quads and Hams

Monday PM:
Chest and Tris

Tuesday AM:
Back and Traps

Tuesday PM:
Calves and Abs

Wednesday AM:
Bis and Shoulders

Wednesday PM:
Quads and Hams

Thursday AM:
Chest and Tris

Thursday PM:
Back and Traps

Friday AM:
Calves and Abs

Friday PM:
Bis and Shoulders

Saturday AM:
Quads and Hams

Saturday PM:
Chest and Tris

Sunday: Rest

Now, add in 10-12 hours of sleep every night, make sure to take 10g of Fish Oil every day. Take BCAA's before your workout, and not a second after the weight hits the floor on your last set, drink a protein shake. Eat Cottage Cheese for Casein Protein every night. Take ZMA before bed. If progress stalls, add in some Waxy Maize for your pre-workout shake in addition to BCAA's. As far as protein shakes go, I prefer Muscle Tech.

What else am I leaving out? Drink 1-2 gallons of water a day, as this keeps your metabolism revving. Combine this with eating 6 times a day and you won't put on any fat. In fact, you will probably lose fat even though you are in a caloric excess. Also, make sure not to eat carbs after 2 pm because your body knows what time it is and will convert all of those carbs into extra fat no matter how fast your metabolism got from eating 6x a day and drinking so much water you want to urinate while you're already urinating.

I think that's it for now. Be sure to do all sets of your workout to failure and don't count reps, just go by the feel, bro. Work out for the sole purpose of getting a pump. Flex after every workout. Don't stretch as this makes you weak. Make sure that on Leg Day you do Squats and if you don't, you're a PU55Y. Bench is the most important lift. Arms are the most important body part because those rip your shirts. If you are trying to lean out, do all of the above but add in some 45 minutes of walking every day, take a fat burner, and lift light for like 20-30 reps on all sets.

Do the above and I promise you will put on at least 20 lb. of muscle this year no matter how old you are.
Wow this is fantastic
What type of protein can I eat after 2pm? What brand of fatburners do you suggest for a woman? And when are they bringing back ephedra. ..

Old 12-18-2016, 07:15 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,677,393 times
Default ......

Quote:
I find it so odd that everyone willingly accepts the fact that celebrities can be hopped up on drugs just to simply exist, yet I feel that whenever I mention that actors may very well use weight loss drugs or steroids to be in shape for roles they scoff as if they believed that celebrities are all of a sudden moral authorities and that they would never do things THAT way.

To be fair I don't think steroids or other illegal aides in body composition goals are immoral. I believe if someone has the resources to buy steroids, they can do whatever they want with their body.

However, if you look at how jacked Hugh Jackman gets for his roles so quickly, or how fast middle aged Ben Affleck is in shape for Batman, you really wonder what is stopping them from using illegal drugs to get in shape? If Hollywood actors are able to use drugs like cocaine and heroin I see no reason why steroids or other illegal body composition enhancing drugs would be out of reach or "wrong" to them. I remember back when The Office was on and how quickly a truly pregnant Jenna Fischer (Pam Halpert) lost so much weight post-baby. I was talking about this with someone and their response was "well celebs can afford all the personal training in the world so this is why". Of course they can and do, but I also don't see what is so far-fetched about celebs getting in shape in lightning fast time by simply just "eating right and exercising". Especially middle aged celebrities. All people 35 and up know for a fact it is no fast process to lose weight.

Anyway, I just wonder what you guys think about this.

P.S. Before anyone starts to argue with me about the meaning of "natural", I realize androgenic anabolic steroids are made from natural compounds. I meant "natural" (and I put quotes for a reason) in the sense that organizations that ban drugs such as steroids call "natural".
I honestly think that most celebrities work crazy hard to maintain their appearance and often due things that are really not healthy in addition to diet and exercise to maintain their appearance ex bulimia, anorexia or drugs likes steroids.

It is what it is. If it was that easy more people would look like this.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:26 AM

4,797 posts, read 5,995,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I honestly think that most celebrities work crazy hard to maintain their appearance and often due things that are really not healthy in addition to diet and exercise to maintain their appearance ex bulimia, anorexia or drugs likes steroids.

It is what it is. If it was that easy more people would look like this.
I am talking about celebs who all of a sudden become ripped, not those who constantly are.

Old 02-02-2021, 09:51 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,510,213 times
Quote:
I find it so odd that everyone willingly accepts the fact that celebrities can be hopped up on drugs just to simply exist, yet I feel that whenever I mention that actors may very well use weight loss drugs or steroids to be in shape for roles they scoff as if they believed that celebrities are all of a sudden moral authorities and that they would never do things THAT way.

To be fair I don't think steroids or other illegal aides in body composition goals are immoral. I believe if someone has the resources to buy steroids, they can do whatever they want with their body.

Most celebrities are just super strict about their diet & fitness because looks are part of their job AND they have the time to put into it. Even beauty & fitness vloggers & influencers have to...because we would be out of a job if we didn’t BUT...it’s a lot easier & less time IMO to stay fit & look your best than it is to get in shape. ALSO tho...if celebrities let themselves go, they have paparazzi calling them out..so that’s extra motivation for them to stick with it.

Quote:
I am talking about celebs who all of a sudden become ripped, not those who constantly are.

Ofc...but that’s not normal health & fitness. It’s just for a role. edit: like you talked about Hugh Jackman in your O.P.

Old 02-02-2021, 09:57 AM

22,192 posts, read 29,178,956 times
No way

Old 02-02-2021, 09:02 PM

22,581 posts, read 24,388,606 times
Many actors need the edge that steroids give than in the physique department......just like makeup much improves the face of those who wear it.

Athletes, if they are competing at the highest levels, in most sports, they are probably using some sort of performance-enhancing drug(s).

Sure, many Samoans get very big and strong.....but getting very big and strong at 7% bodyfat, that is usually impossible without some sort of pharmaceutically-based help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness