Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 12:21 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,351,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Where did I say women will get big or gain muscle like men? Show me where I said that

I--I never said other women--am personally prone to gaining muscle and looking bulky and stocky. That is why I gain muscle and why many women like Tracy Anderson.

I don't care what your girlfriend does, as it doesn't pertain to me or my body
Calm down, obviously all your excessive testosterone that allows you to get so bulky and stocky is starting to rage.

You said:

Quote:
She keeps her clients from gaining muscle, which is good since i'm a girl
When you say stuff like that, referring to it being since you're a "girl" obviously it's a broad statement. If you would have said, "Because I have a higher than normal testosterone level and a short stocky body type, I get very muscular very easy because that's what Tracy Anderson tells me."

That would have been much better.

SO many women think if they lift weights, they will start looking like some huge dude. It's the biggest misconception for women in fitness out there and it ruins a lot of things.

While you must be the .01% that it doesn't apply to (which I find hard to believe being 110lbs, usually women are ACTUALLY and larger framed that build muscle more easily) it still gives bad information to the 99.99% of women that it does apply to.

Last edited by houstan-dan; 10-30-2014 at 12:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 12:27 PM

Wow, I just looked up tracy anderson rofl!

https://boygirldogblog.files.wordpre...acy-white1.png

She looks gross, she would seriously benefit from lifting weights. She has ZERO definition ANYWHERE. Her arms and legs look like hot dogs, no abs, no definition between her arm and shoulder.

Her body looks like someone who eats a maintenance amount of calories and has never exercised a day in her life.

Here's Emily Skye:

http://cs618425.vk.me/v618425414/aa3d/-KXyxI8vDuU.jpg

She actually has some visible muscle in her legs, abs, and arms.

Old 10-30-2014, 01:01 PM

877 posts, read 1,310,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Calm down, obviously all your excessive testosterone that allows you to get so bulky and stocky is starting to rage.

You said:

When you say stuff like that, referring to it being since you're a "girl" obviously it's a broad statement. If you would have said, "Because I have a higher than normal testosterone level and a short stocky body type, I get very muscular very easy because that's what Tracy Anderson tells me."

That would have been much better.

SO many women think if they lift weights, they will start looking like some huge dude. It's the biggest misconception for women in fitness out there and it ruins a lot of things.

While you must be the .01% that it doesn't apply to (which I find hard to believe being 110lbs, usually women are ACTUALLY and larger framed that build muscle more easily) it still gives bad information to the 99.99% of women that it does apply to.
Nope, I've had my hormones tested. No excess testosterone, but I do actually have excess estrogen. Nice try.

And saying "i'm a girl" is not broad. You're butthurt over something that has nothing to do with you.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:06 PM

4,797 posts, read 5,982,637 times
Quote:
Nope, I've had my hormones tested. No excess testosterone, but I do actually have excess estrogen. Nice try.

And saying "i'm a girl" is not broad. You're butthurt over something that has nothing to do with you.
Ok, but if your testosterone is not in excess, and you have a small frame, and you have excess estrogen, why are you so paranoid about building muscle?

You say you get bulky when you lift. I guess you have a very specific definition of what bulky means. I can't see scientifically how a woman like you can look like a bodybuilder if your t-levels aren't in excess, your bone structure is small, and you have EXTRA estrogen. You are either making one of these things up or your muscle attachments are such that your muscles give the appearance of looking bigger when they are slightly pumped. Perhaps you have long muscle attachments in "manly" muscles like the delts, biceps, and forearms that cause this to happen. Either that or you equate simple muscle definition with being bulky.

Then again you do think Jessica Biel is bulky, so that says much about your idea of what that means. The fact you even think Madonna is "lean" and Jessica Biel is "bulky" shows a really skewed view of the world. Practically every pic of Madonna shows her looking more muscular than Biel.

Madonna's veiny arm with those cannonball delts and thick veins looks way more manly than Biel's.

Last edited by EddieOlSkool; 10-30-2014 at 02:18 PM..

Old 10-30-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
Ok, but if your testosterone is not in excess, and you have a small frame, and you have excess estrogen, why are you so paranoid about building muscle?

You say you get bulky when you lift. I guess you have a very specific definition of what bulky means. I can't see scientifically how a woman like you can look like a bodybuilder if your t-levels aren't in excess, your bone structure is small, and you have EXTRA estrogen. You are either making one of these things up or your muscle attachments are such that your muscles give the appearance of looking bigger when they are slightly pumped. Perhaps you have long muscle attachments in "manly" muscles like the delts, biceps, and forearms that cause this to happen. Either that or you equate simple muscle definition with being bulky.

Then again you do think Jessica Biel is bulky, so that says much about your idea of what that means. The fact you even think Madonna is "lean" and Jessica Biel is "bulky" shows a really skewed view of the world. Practically every pic of Madonna shows her looking more muscular than Biel.

Madonna's veiny arm with those cannonball delts and thick veins looks way more manly than Biel's.
When or where did I say Jessica Biel is bulky? In comparing 2 different frames. Some of y'all should do less with putting words into people's mouths.

And yes, I have excess estrogen. I had my hormones checked for reproductive related issues. And while I'm short, I am prone to building muscle very easily. Again, I'm short, I don't have wide hips and ever bit of muscle or fat shows.

That's why I choose long distance running versus HIIT with sprinting, and why I no longer lift "heavy"

It's not up to me to prove anything to anyone. You don't know what my body looks like or has looked like in the past, so your opinion=irrelevant

Old 10-30-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
When or where did I say Jessica Biel is bulky? In comparing 2 different frames. Some of y'all should do less with putting words into people's mouths.

And yes, I have excess estrogen. I had my hormones checked for reproductive related issues. And while I'm short, I am prone to building muscle very easily. Again, I'm short, I don't have wide hips and ever bit of muscle or fat shows.

That's why I choose long distance running versus HIIT with sprinting, and why I no longer lift "heavy"

It's not up to me to prove anything to anyone. You don't know what my body looks like or has looked like in the past, so your opinion=irrelevant
But you believe what Tracy Anderson says is good advice, while Tracy Anderson looks like absolute garbage.. So yeah, your opinion here is irrelevant.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:57 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,720,724 times
The basic thing we need to remember is people either have lean muscle (think runners), bulky muscle (think lineman) or ripped muscle. The problem is some people look towards getting ripped or lean when their type of muscle isn't that way. I know with me, I have bulk and I do yoga to lean up, burn fat and actually get this build strength. It works for me I do anywhere from 15 (the shortest core workout) to 50 minutes in a given day 4 to 5 days a week at the moment. This works for me, may not work for someone else.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
But you believe what Tracy Anderson says is good advice, while Tracy Anderson looks like absolute garbage.. So yeah, your opinion here is irrelevant.
She looks like garbage? Clearly you've not seen the average American woman. Oh, the politically correct and nonsensical things people will say to make themselves believe their opinion is the end all, be all.

And I never said I follow her advice. Herp derp

Old 10-30-2014, 06:37 PM

515 posts, read 1,000,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The basic thing we need to remember is people either have lean muscle (think runners), bulky muscle (think lineman) or ripped muscle. The problem is some people look towards getting ripped or lean when their type of muscle isn't that way. I know with me, I have bulk and I do yoga to lean up, burn fat and actually get this build strength. It works for me I do anywhere from 15 (the shortest core workout) to 50 minutes in a given day 4 to 5 days a week at the moment. This works for me, may not work for someone else.
None of those people have different muscle. They have varying amounts of muscle mass and fat mass; no one has "lean muscle." Or, rather, everyone has varying amounts of lean muscle and varying amounts of fat covering it. Everyone's body might show that muscle differently as depending on their builds; tall, lanky people will tend to not look big and bulky while shorter, stockier people will tend to look bulkier. It's more illusion than anything else.

But there is no such thing as lean muscle vs bulky muscle vs ripped muscle

Old 10-30-2014, 07:09 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,368,134 times
Stop being naive people.

Simple question; are they using their body to make money?

If the answer is yes, they are taking some sort of substance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness