Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 10:43 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,588,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Gift certificates are cold.

Not! I been married 33 years and I'm in need of nothing, so I rather receive gift cards any-day! Plus we do a dinner, spend time together doing something we both enjoy... This goes out to my family members and friends as well, because the last thing I need is more useless stuff taking up space of clothing/ jeweler that's just not me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
This^^^

I always tell my wife to NEVER get me a gift of something that I am into because I AM particular. If its something she absolutely knows about then fine, but if not, she knows the gift certificate is the way to go.
My hubby and I are the same way..

Old 02-12-2015, 10:49 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Not! I been married 33 years and I'm in need of nothing, so I rather receive gift cards any-day! Plus we do a dinner, spend time together doing something we both enjoy... This goes out to my family members and friends as well, because the last thing I need is more useless stuff taking up space of clothing/ jeweler that's just not me...

Me too.

Valentine's Day is a day of specific romance for lovers, spouses, etc. I do not see a gift card as romantic. There must be better and/or creative options. We are guys buying for women not men. The former need that romance and the latter make do with practical items.

Last edited by Felix C; 02-12-2015 at 11:16 AM..

Old 02-12-2015, 11:17 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Gift certificate be sweet...
I don't recommend that. That screams "I don't care enough about you to spend five minutes considering what you want." Just keep the receipt of the gift so if she doesn't like whatever you get she can take it back. I agree with whoever else suggested the Polar HR monitor, as long as you know she'll wear the chest strap consistently, OP. I used mine a long time and loved it. You can get the cheapies for about $75, and they go up from there. Don't get HR monitors that don't use chest straps. They are very inaccurate. I never found the chest strap to be a big deal once it is in place, but sometimes placement can be tricky. I've tried a couple of brands, and Polar is the best by a long shot, IMO.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:

Me too.

Valentine's Day is a day of specific romance for lovers, spouses, etc. I do not see a gift card as romantic. There must be better and/or creative options. We are guys buying for women not men. The former need that romance and the latter make do with practical items.
We just do dinner our-self and spend time with each other but that our norm anyway spending time together lol...

Old 02-12-2015, 11:26 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
Does she have a specific type of water bottle she uses? Buy her a new one and open it up and stuff it with some of her favorite candy or even some of the things she uses for energy when she goes on a long run (gus, jelly things, etc). Depending on the price of the water bottle then maybe adding the gift certificate would be good. Some of the bottles can get pretty pricey.

How about a race entry? Is there a Graffiti run or one of the obstacle runs you could register for as a couple and do as a late Valentine's Day date? Do the event in the morning and then go to Brunch after?

Maybe one of the fancy watches that I see people with would be a good option too. I don't use them but they look like fun to have around.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I don't recommend that. That screams "I don't care enough about you to spend five minutes considering what you want." Just keep the receipt of the gift so if she doesn't like whatever you get she can take it back. I agree with whoever else suggested the Polar HR monitor, as long as you know she'll wear the chest strap consistently, OP. I used mine a long time and loved it. You can get the cheapies for about $75, and they go up from there. Don't get HR monitors that don't use chest straps. They are very inaccurate. I never found the chest strap to be a big deal once it is in place, but sometimes placement can be tricky. I've tried a couple of brands, and Polar is the best by a long shot, IMO.

LOl..Well after 33 years of marriage my hubby knows me well, and I'm the type who prefer gift cards, plus it takes hubby longer than five min writing me a lovely love letter and that means more to me than any gift.... To each their own..

Old 02-12-2015, 11:45 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
I did not know you were a female.(and pretty too...) True about personal likes and what not.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:30 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,571,881 times
Sign her up to run in the nearest "Cupid's Undie Run" and buy her appropriate lingerie to compete in.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
I did not know you were a female.(and pretty too...) True about personal likes and what not.

Well it not be the first time. most do think I'm a man, lol.. I'm an Aquarius, we our-said to have a unisex way of thinking...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness