Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 04:09 PM

4,525 posts, read 5,320,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagirlliizzii3 View Post
I am too in my 20s and don't get me wrong i work out... here and there when i can, i have also a dancing and an athletic background but i am petite and i just want to be a bit fuller and even out.
So your original title is a bit misleading. You dont "need" to gain weight, you just "want" to gain weight. Big difference between the two.

When you say you want to be "fuller" are you talking about breasts or booty? That is usually what women refer to when they want to be "fuller" but I just want to be sure for clarification purposes. If so, nothing can be done about your breasts unless you want to go under the knife. As for booty, then squats are your friend and it really has no bearing on how much you weight. Dont focus on wanting to "gain ten pounds", instead just do a lot of heavy squats, eat clean, make sure you have a lot of protein and you will shape up to appear "fuller". In this case "fuller" will mean firmer, rounder, and more desirable/attractive.

I honestly have no idea what you mean by wanting to "even out". Not sure how you wanting to gain ten pounds play into "evening out" either. What exactly do you mean here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 04:18 PM

16,061 posts, read 26,637,889 times
I was just like you in my 20's, and my 30's hit..... exercise and eat healthy. Unless your doctor is telling you to gain weight, I wouldn't' be concerned about it.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:31 PM

387 posts, read 585,851 times
Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer Complex.

that stuff is serious. 650 calories per scoop. tons on protein. works wonders. expensive though

Old 03-05-2015, 05:01 PM

20,683 posts, read 19,801,819 times
Get an app to count your calorie intake.

I had to gain 15 lbs last year for a surgery and HUNGRY MAN meals, Hometown Buffet, IHOP and ice cream made me gain the weight within 4 weeks. Took me 5 months to get it off though.

Also, when you are eating and start feeling full - eat a few bites more as you would normally do..

Old 03-05-2015, 05:35 PM

7 posts, read 7,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
So your original title is a bit misleading. You dont "need" to gain weight, you just "want" to gain weight. Big difference between the two.

When you say you want to be "fuller" are you talking about breasts or booty? That is usually what women refer to when they want to be "fuller" but I just want to be sure for clarification purposes. If so, nothing can be done about your breasts unless you want to go under the knife. As for booty, then squats are your friend and it really has no bearing on how much you weight. Dont focus on wanting to "gain ten pounds", instead just do a lot of heavy squats, eat clean, make sure you have a lot of protein and you will shape up to appear "fuller". In this case "fuller" will mean firmer, rounder, and more desirable/attractive.

I honestly have no idea what you mean by wanting to "even out". Not sure how you wanting to gain ten pounds play into "evening out" either. What exactly do you mean here?

Your absolutely right, i dont necessarily "need" to gain weight. Lets put it this way, i will always have a slimming, petite, curvaceous body thanks to genetics, but point of gaining weight is because i will look much healthier rather than not having the time to eat for a couple of hours and losing.

The first thing your able to see once i have lost a pound or two, which makes a big difference completely, is my face. My cheeks go, so my face looks like its being sucked in, which is gross, and my legs, not my booty bc i work on that daily, but my legs start looking like twigs.

You can basically get where i am going with this. I love my looks dont get me wrong, but improving it and maintaining it is what i would like to do- correction.

Old 03-06-2015, 03:19 AM

5,683 posts, read 4,091,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagirlliizzii3 View Post
Your absolutely right, i dont necessarily "need" to gain weight. Lets put it this way, i will always have a slimming, petite, curvaceous body thanks to genetics, but point of gaining weight is because i will look much healthier rather than not having the time to eat for a couple of hours and losing.

The first thing your able to see once i have lost a pound or two, which makes a big difference completely, is my face. My cheeks go, so my face looks like its being sucked in, which is gross, and my legs, not my booty bc i work on that daily, but my legs start looking like twigs.

You can basically get where i am going with this. I love my looks dont get me wrong, but improving it and maintaining it is what i would like to do- correction.
So you'd rather look healthy than actually be healthy? This sort of eating plan and forced calories (of mostly junk) is not healthy in the least.

Old 03-06-2015, 06:34 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,137,118 times
Don't binge owing to your high metabolism, just continue to eat healthy & exercise regularly. On binging, you will face serious repercussions once menopause hits and your metabolism changes.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:43 AM

943 posts, read 909,589 times
Copy Japanese sumo wrestlers. Have a huge carb-heavy meal, followed by exercise, followed by a huge protein-heavy meal, followed by a nap. Then repeat.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:24 PM

9,858 posts, read 11,869,781 times
The posters focussing on the o.p. motives and goals have at least a consensus. The posters offering diet advice are all over the map and some (a couple) are downright misinformed. Agreed. It does not appear that the o.p. needs a quick ten pound weight gain. I would advise learning this life lesson right now so self deprecation doesn't become an obsession and interfere with future emotional, professional or personal growth. To wit: "beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself".

That said, Ensure does not make a person lactose intolerant. You either are or you are not lactose intolerant. I don't know that Ensure has much lactose in any case. I plain cannot stand the way it tastes. Boost is my meal replacement of choice because it is the best tasting one out there. Period. It doesn't taste as good as it did in the 80's but who does? I know I don't. Boost has a high protein formula that is worth the extra buck or two per six pack.

If your face is looking drawn, are you properly hydrated? Do you drink enough water? 20 somethings are not known for their nutritional savvy. Your sample diet could use a lot of improvement. There are literally gigabytes of sound nutritional advice available for free online. Start researching. Learn to cook. I'm serious, a serious eater, which you want to become, should also be a serious cook. Over reliance on processed foods is going to put a LOT of Millenials in early graves. FWIW.

H

Old 03-06-2015, 06:02 PM

7 posts, read 7,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
So you'd rather look healthy than actually be healthy? This sort of eating plan and forced calories (of mostly junk) is not healthy in the least.
Im not saying i dont want to be healthy, i am eating healthy and watching what i eat and try to consume over 2500 calories a day if i can, but how i look may not seem healthy to me. My face just shows it i dont know how to explain it any further than i already have. it just looks as if i dont eat when all i do is eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness