Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2015, 12:00 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,247,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
This thread shows how untrue this is. There have been Presidents before Obama. None have triggered the meltdown in Secret Service morale or the upsurge in death threats aimed at the White House. John McEnroe was not the most gentlemanly of tennis players, but the way most people deal with someone they dislike is to ignore them. It isn't the most rational behavior to hate someone you barely know. Obama and Williams trigger a level of hatred that transcends mere dislike. They haven't stayed in their place and this is what people that hate them are responding to even if they don't realize it.
Another glass of worn-out whine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 12:03 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,275,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
It has less to do with his race and more to do with his accomplishment so far.

Obama left the country with a greater income inequality level since the industrial revolution.

The people that love Obama are the rich and the poor. He makes the rich richer and the poor remained poor but a little more help but not much.

Are we better off today than before he took office? I think we are far worse now than before he took office.

Did he do this personally or did Congress play a role (or not, as it were)?

Isn't this the least productive Congress ever? And isn't part of the reason that Republicans hate President Obama? I have never seen Republicans act with such visceral hatred - and it can't be just because he's a Democrat.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:04 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,569,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
It has less to do with his race and more to do with his accomplishment so far.

Obama left the country with a greater income inequality level since the industrial revolution.

The people that love Obama are the rich and the poor. He makes the rich richer and the poor remained poor but a little more help but not much.

Are we better off today than before he took office? I think we are far worse now than before he took office.
The only people that love any politicians are the rich and the poor. Anyway, are we actually worse off now than when Bush was in office and the entire financial system was in danger of collapse? When housing prices hit rock bottom? When jobs were even more scarce? Thanks for proving my point that racists are not capable of rational thought.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:06 PM

4,184 posts, read 3,398,473 times
And here I thought this thread was about a female with Terminator-size guns.

Ahhh, sweet Ignore button, come to me!

Old 04-08-2015, 12:20 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
This. It's amazing how many people hate Obama. There have been much worse presidents than him but didn't receive the kind of hate he does. Like I said, most racists are incapable of being rational when talking about the source of their insane hatred.
its like democrats completely forget how much they attacked george w bush. its unfortunate that this thread has spent so much time focusing on race. i dont see it as being relevant. this thread has nothing to do with liking or disliking serena. its a simple straightforward question of the juice. its also unfortunate that some people play this weird guessing game while they lack any real world knowledge of what juice does to the human body.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Isn't this the least productive Congress ever? And isn't part of the reason that Republicans hate President Obama? I have never seen Republicans act with such visceral hatred - and it can't be just because he's a Democrat.
Yeah, it's hard to be productive when "But we won," insists it's his way or the highway.

Also, what about the 1st two yrs. when both houses were majority left.

Visceral hatred? Guess you missed the Eric Holder double-standard show.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
The only people that love any politicians are the rich and the poor. Anyway, are we actually worse off now than when Bush was in office and the entire financial system was in danger of collapse? When housing prices hit rock bottom? When jobs were even more scarce? Thanks for proving my point that racists are not capable of rational thought.
Yeah, we're worse off now. Except for fed. workers, certain union members, and those on the dole.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:31 PM

16,551 posts, read 8,592,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
This thread shows how untrue this is. There have been Presidents before Obama. None have triggered the meltdown in Secret Service morale or the upsurge in death threats aimed at the White House. John McEnroe was not the most gentlemanly of tennis players, but the way most people deal with someone they dislike is to ignore them. It isn't the most rational behavior to hate someone you barely know. Obama and Williams trigger a level of hatred that transcends mere dislike. They haven't stayed in their place and this is what people that hate them are responding to even if they don't realize it.
Quote:
I don't think you know me well enough to make a statement like that. You believe what you want as well because your two cents isn't worth any more than mine.
I didn't bring race or politics into this thread, others did. However I will not let slide people with racial chips on their shoulders who want to assume race must have played a part in the dislike of a minority. If a minority screws up they should be held accountable just like anyone else. However the PC crowd loves to obfuscate things by injecting racial speculation.

I for one have pointed out why I do not care for the Williams family, and it had nothing to do with race other than them having racial chips. The other reason/s are the same as my dislike for Hingis, and she is about as white as they come.
As to Obama (as if he has anything to do with Serena on roids), I remember a (D) president named Bill Clinton who the (R's) hated like poison. If I am not mistaken they attempted to impeach him, or don't some of you remember?

I'd like to think Serena was not on roids for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is she represents America in the Fed Cup and Olympics. If it is proved she is, then she should fall from grace just as Lance Armstrong did, and other cheats.

Old 04-08-2015, 03:40 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,569,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Yeah, we're worse off now. Except for fed. workers, certain union members, and those on the dole.
You may be worse off now but the country as a whole isn't.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:32 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,588,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Same here. You would think that the WTA with all of their tests and rules and such would have found out she was on the juice by now. Which means........SHE IS NOT ON THE ROIDS!!! It laughable that people would think that she is/was. LOL. She's just a bada$$!
yeah, i watch tons of tennis and certainly agree, I don't think she's on the roids at all.
she's just a tomboy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness