Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2015, 12:38 AM

399 posts, read 404,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You don't speak for all of us. Just because you decided to go there and be a about it, I decided to check. Stosur has plenty of fans. In several countries. In her own country she was a number 1 rated player for 61 weeks. I think plenty of people know who she is even if you don't. And some must look at those arms and think... hmmm. So... how do they accomplish that? That's my question. It isn't that hard. Using your criteria for William's fans, how do Stosur fans make the cognitive leap to love her anyway? Your serve.
Never heard of Stosur. What exactly is the point you're trying to make? Did I say that Serena is the only one guilty of using PEDs? Because if I didn't then I don't see what Stosur and her arms matter. PEDs are very widespread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 10:21 AM

7,573 posts, read 5,289,438 times
After defending Lance Armstrong for years, I will never ever come to the defense of any athlete who is, rumored or accused of using performance enhancing drugs! And this is particularly true for professional tennis which has one of the worst testing regimes in professional sports.

But I am curious as to why this thread singles out Serena Williams. I ask because both the Williams sisters have been singled out for all sorts nefarious, deeds, and plots most often centering around their attire, their looks, and their physiques which makes me, shall we say, uneasy about the motives of the critics.

Now Serena can take care of herself and needs no help from me, but I am concerned that the next round of big African American players like Sloan Stephens and Taylor Townsend will have to endure the same sorts of accusations and innuendo.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:31 PM

399 posts, read 404,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
But I am curious as to why this thread singles out Serena Williams. I ask because both the Williams sisters have been singled out for all sorts nefarious, deeds, and plots most often centering around their attire, their looks, and their physiques which makes me, shall we say, uneasy about the motives of the critics.
Of course it's because of racism. It has nothing to do with the fact that she looks like an NFL linebacker and sticks out against her peers like a sore thumb. It's always about race.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:58 PM

4,652 posts, read 4,090,575 times
She probably uses drugs. If I remember correctly, she recently had a bizarre nervous breakdown which they blamed on "the flu."

Old 04-11-2015, 06:10 PM

4,176 posts, read 3,367,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazChasey View Post
Of course it's because of racism. It has nothing to do with the fact that she looks like an NFL linebacker and sticks out against her peers like a sore thumb. It's always about race.

Exactly...whoever's gleefully waving the race card just needs to stop. No one cares.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:34 PM

5,543 posts, read 9,452,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Some women are bad drivers, thus all women are bad drivers=the logic(or lack thereof) in this thread.

Despite all the accusations being made, nobody has produced one single shred of proof of what they are claiming.
Wait....did you just suggest all women are NOT bad drivers............Fallacious!

Old 04-11-2015, 09:39 PM

5,543 posts, read 9,452,799 times
I think all ya'll are missing the point.

Roids or not I still wouldn't mind taking that 33 year old bod for an all-night spin around the block. Put some Oklahoma Redneck in her life.

Old 04-12-2015, 02:23 AM

9,858 posts, read 11,880,585 times
If you google 'muscular female tennis players', Serena Williams isn't the first name that comes up. Its actually Samantha Stosur. At least the first dozen or more hits focus on Stosur's arms and physique. So I suppose her fans are either comically naive, or they are Black. 60 women, including Stosur have beaten Williams. So much for being such an outlier specimen of female athleticsm. But don't let facts get in your way, haters. As I understand it, PED are a problem world-wide in professional tennis. If Williams is doping she is in good company. Leave her alone, or include every other pro-player, male and female, in your witch hunt. With that, I am done with this thread. I have proved the detractors to have nothing. If Williams being big and muscular is proof of drug use then I imagine something would have been done about big, muscular players by now.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:00 AM

933 posts, read 1,472,570 times
It's disgusting that some of you all are still finding a way to insult the greatest women's tennis player of all time. Mods, please shut down this hateful thread.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:03 AM

4,176 posts, read 3,367,930 times
Hateful?

Absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness