U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 05:30 PM

118 posts, read 462,745 times
Default Proof that running pays off!!

I like alot of people never was into running. I could barely run a minute, and after that minute I was toast. I mean who wants to go through that all the time?? Well starting in September as the VERY hot Florida starts to get to Hot I started to run and over time one minute turned into 2, 2 to 3. I think once I got to 4 or 5 minutes I started to feel like I could conquer anything. Now I'm at 8 minutes or 8/10 of a mile running straight.

Anyways heres my proof that it works!!

Before (September 2007)

After (taken today 20 pounds less)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 12:03 PM

3,855 posts, read 6,635,760 times
Congrats! Keep it up!

Nicole

Old 01-17-2008, 02:14 PM

1,744 posts, read 4,714,909 times
Congrats, looking good. Keep it up.

Those pictures really do look a "before and after" clip from an infomercial. The first pic you're just there but in the second pic after the weight loss you're standing on the beach in a little black dress, smiling while the wind blows your hair.

But yeah, good work. Too many people try to take the easy way out for weight loss (fad diets, fad exercises, making excuses, etc) but you did the right thing and did it the old fashioned way.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:30 PM

46 posts, read 330,378 times
I commend you for working your tail off to lose weight!
You are very right, a lot of people are either self conscious about running in front of others, or just don't feel like doing the work. In reality though, many people praise those that are making an attempt! Besides, the more you do something, the more you'll feel better about doing it, and maybe even enjoy doing it
Keep up the great work!

Old 01-17-2008, 04:13 PM

7,064 posts, read 11,295,817 times
OMG, now I've got to start running too.
Congrats on your weight loss and shaping up.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:22 PM

183 posts, read 626,626 times
Default Concur . .

Yep! I completely concur! Running is the BEST thing I ever did, and it has been almost 6 years of avid running. Keeping in mind . . . running on the pavement is *very* different than a treadmill (per Runners World Magazine). I have to agree . . . gravity is very different on the road than a machine.

I could barely run half-way down the street at first; now I run 22-36 miles per week on the roads! Every time you run, you will get better and better, and your stamina will strengthen.

Not only is it good for the body; it is EXCELLENT for the mind. I release so much stress when running. And the runner's high afterward . . . LOVE IT!

Keep it up! You look fantastic!

Old 01-17-2008, 10:06 PM

1,744 posts, read 4,714,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleveburg View Post
Yep! I completely concur! Running is the BEST thing I ever did, and it has been almost 6 years of avid running. Keeping in mind . . . running on the pavement is *very* different than a treadmill (per Runners World Magazine). I have to agree . . . gravity is very different on the road than a machine.

!

Very true, I really don't like running on treadmills at all. I typically run on a 7 mile trail around a lake that's maybe 40% paved/side of a road and the rest is dirt and woodchip trails out in the woods. I'd suggest dirt trails if at all possible, they seem to be easier on the body and usually in a more scenic setting, which helps me.

Anyways, Angela, try running in a few different spots with different terrain and see if anything jumps out at you as a place you like to run. Finding a good spot really helps, I think. If you find a place you really like, it's easier to stay focused and get some running done. Hell, maybe the next time you post before and after photos you'll be in a bikini

Good work and good luck.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:58 PM

55 posts, read 186,015 times
Great job! You look fantastic!

Old 01-18-2008, 11:12 PM

47,955 posts, read 43,402,587 times
good job............

Old 01-24-2008, 01:57 PM

633 posts, read 1,545,693 times
Good for you girl!

You are now my inspiration to start running again.
I started running for no real reason about 2 years ago. I was like you, run for not even a minute & that was enough. I would continue walking. I got to where I could run a mile or more without stopping after about 7 months!! I lost 20 lbs. in 5 months & since then I've endulged in Thanksgiving dinners, Christmas dinners & pounds of winter grazing!! So my 'winter coat' is definately on!
But you inspire me. I am moving in a week & there is a gorgeous open field with an endless view of mountains & I will be right back out there.
Thanks for sharing!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness