Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 10:55 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,533,513 times

Advertisements

Looks like I'm wasting my time in the gym.

The ‘dad bod': Where the beer gut and six-pack meet - The Washington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 05:42 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,570,354 times
That's just lame.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:56 AM

5,829 posts, read 4,168,001 times
That article was a waste of two minutes of my life.

What is all about the "dad 'bod"? In other words, what does the "it" in your title refer to?

Old 05-06-2015, 10:17 AM

112 posts, read 112,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
That article was a waste of two minutes of my life.

What is all about the "dad 'bod"? In other words, what does the "it" in your title refer to?
The "it" is "attraction from women".

Old 05-06-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebox View Post
The "it" is "attraction from women".
Ah, well in that case, I think the OP should realize that one article is probably not sufficient evidence to draw the conclusion that women are suddenly more attracted to men in mediocre shape than men in great shape.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:39 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Ah, well in that case, I think the OP should realize that one article is probably not sufficient evidence to draw the conclusion that women are suddenly more attracted to men in mediocre shape than men in great shape.
Right. Some women have always been attracted to men in mediocre shape. It's nothing new.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Right. Some women have always been attracted to men in mediocre shape. It's nothing new.
That isn't exactly what I said, so I'm not sure why you said "right" in your response. I agree that some women have always been attracted to men in mediocre shape, but that is not what this "dad bod" thing is about. It relates to shifting societal notions of attraction. Of course there are specific individuals who have their own preferences. There are men (chubby chasers) who like obese women. That doesn't mean that skinny women are in general considered less desired by the male populace. I think "dad bods" are probably preferred by some women, and are thought sufficient or at least "normal" by most. As far as being more attracted to a "dad bod" than the body of a man in good shape? Those women are probably in the minority.

Old 05-06-2015, 04:19 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Anyone who understands even basic evolutionary psychology knows that attraction for women is about 80% personality. Unless a guy is at one end or the other on the physical attractiveness spectrum, it ultimately has little effect on whether women will find him attractive or not.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:22 PM

112 posts, read 112,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Anyone who understands even basic evolutionary psychology knows that attraction for women is about 80% personality. Unless a guy is at one end or the other on the physical attractiveness spectrum, it ultimately has little effect on whether women will find him attractive or not.

I was about to call you out until you included the bolded

For the average guy,yes have a good personality, workout out and stay in shape etc. But for the guys that are on the opposite side of the spectrum, born with model good looks? They don't even have to think about all that. Like working out, lifting? Why lift when its about the face.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:05 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,533,513 times
Quote:
One article? Do you even internet? This is the new hot thing.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/health/medi...bod/ar-BBjewl7
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness