Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 01:44 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSurfer View Post
it pops and clicks when you walk, stand up, etc? How big are your thigh and hamstring muscles? I use to have popping and clicking and i would stand up then i started to develop my quads and i no longer have it. The way i see it your quads absorb the weight of your upper body when walking, running, etc. The bigger the quads the more they can absorb and little to no shock goes to your knees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniveseQuality View Post
that's a gimmick trick, it doesn't solve the problem, it only disguises it
Not a gimmick.

There's a muscle toward the inside of the leg above the knee (vastus medialis) - that when it is strong, it keeps the patella in place, and keeps it from grinding around in there.

My surgeon told me - do 50 leg extensions per day holding the leg up for 3-4 seconds (no weights)... sitting on the edge of the bed (or whatever), and I would not have any problems. Now this isn't for people with extensive problems - but just for regular people keeping the aches and pains away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 04:26 PM

38 posts, read 35,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Not a gimmick.

There's a muscle toward the inside of the leg above the knee (vastus medialis) - that when it is strong, it keeps the patella in place, and keeps it from grinding around in there.

My surgeon told me - do 50 leg extensions per day holding the leg up for 3-4 seconds (no weights)... sitting on the edge of the bed (or whatever), and I would not have any problems.
how long did you do it? do you still do it? knee surgery is better, no clowning around the problem, it focuses on the actual problem-- the knees and fixes them, not some other muscle, it's like a student who has a C in math and it affects his GPA so he studies hard and does better in science and it improves his GPA but his math remains the same... it's a gimmick.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:12 AM

706 posts, read 1,042,223 times
Why did you create this thread? You are determine to have the surgery so do it. Have you spoken to a surgeon yet? Let us know his feedback.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:04 PM

983 posts, read 1,055,525 times
The catch is - after you have that operation you will probably still have to do lots of PT, which can be terribly tedious after a while. Like watching paint dry only much worse (I am, alas, a pro at knee PT).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness