Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 10:32 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times

Advertisements

I think it's raunchy to be walking around with your junk hanging out, go to the sink and brush your teeth? Cover it up. No one wants that near the sink!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 10:39 AM

465 posts, read 418,323 times
Default One point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
No you took my message out of context. Regardless of the package, anyone Walking around untoweled conversating with people agitated those near him. Image the scene, one foot on the wooden bench talking to someone drying off...the guy got pissed. Personally I thought it was rude too, but I laughed at the scene because it was funny.
After reading more responses, I see that people assume my scenario was an old man talking to a young man. In reality, these were 2 old men, easily in their 70's...on a military base too

Old 06-03-2015, 10:57 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,983,881 times
I see both points of view as valid. In locker rooms I just expect to see naked people and am not offended. My children appropriately have been coached accordingly as well. As long as your private parts aren't touching things others touch this should not be an issue to others.

That stated, I don't parade around the locker room uncovered... I am uncovered when I am actually taking a shower, and during the few seconds I am putting on my clothes. I do this consciously because I have nothing to prove to other men AND it isn't a hardship to maintain this level of modesty.

Reminds me of when I briefly but passionately kissed my wife a few years ago when we met up at a restaurant... an older man interrupted and told us we were being rude/inappropriate. We both figured this guy didn't realize we were married with several kids and older (we both look at least 10 years younger than we are due to awesome genes and fitness), excited to see each other, and he had issues anyway (he was eating alone, no ring on hand, and seemed grumpy). The offended locker room dude sounds like such a grumpy prude so unless the Gym's locker room policies state otherwise, I wouldn't worry about what he said. Do what is comfortable to you, within the rules, and just live life.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:02 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
The human body is rude? People are so uptight that it's ridiculous.

If you're not humping the sink, it's fine.

can you imagine its the year 2015, and men in a locker room still think its terrible to see another man naked in a locker room???????

Old 06-03-2015, 11:12 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
I'm kind of on the fence about this one. On one hand, seeing other guys naked in the locker room is just going to happen (and I have no hangups myself about changing in there) but to just stand there naked when it's not necessary is a little uncool to some degree. But then the other part of me says that if you're seeing another man naked, whats it really matter if it's 10 seconds or 10 minutes?

Either way, it apparently bothers others so why not just throw your boxers on or wrap a towel and solve the problem? It's not really worth making an issue over in my opinion.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:13 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
can you imagine its the year 2015, and men in a locker room still think its terrible to see another man naked in a locker room???????

Its simple: dont want to see naked people--dont enter the locker room. Go home or change/shower elsewhere.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:23 AM

6,459 posts, read 7,795,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

I can absolutely believe it. People in prior years were less uptight. Much less. As we get further along, we are getting more uptight and less communal.

If men are just walking around the locker area naked and doing normal things, those who are uncomfortable with that should explore why that is. What is it about the human body that's so upsetting? Why are they offended?

Old 06-03-2015, 11:33 AM

509 posts, read 554,661 times
I think the issue is the amount of time and area you covered while nude.
Nothing wrong with being nude in a locker room, but parading around and brushing your teeth at the sink is too much.
Just shower and go to your locker to get dressed-or at least put a towel around your waist.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:34 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,653 times
Yes it's rude. I'm fully accepting of the fact that there's nudity in locker rooms. That's what they're there for. But there's no reason you can't just cover up a little while doing your morning routine.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:45 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linerin View Post
I think the issue is the amount of time and area you covered while nude.
Nothing wrong with being nude in a locker room, but parading around and brushing your teeth at the sink is too much.
Just shower and go to your locker to get dressed-or at least put a towel around your waist.
This. It's not the nudity. It's letting it all hang out while you're combing your hair, shaving, brushing your teeth, etc. From the lockers to the shower and back? Fine. Bumping uglies on the sink or counter while you perform your morning ablutions? Just no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness