Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2015, 03:18 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,015,946 times

Advertisements

I was standing in the lobby of building after an appointment. It was me and 2 security guards. Another gentleman arrived and he was of slender build(looked very normal).

The security guard offered us both cookies, we both declined. The one security guard said: You guys need to eat, you need some meat on your bones, you're too small(we're actually normal sized guys).

The gentleman looked at the guard and said: "No sir, it's not so much that I'm too small, you're just too big"

And he were too big. I think this issue is people have become used to being over sized. If anyone that comes along and looks "normal" in terms of weight, people assume "you need to eat".

That's what killing folks, eating to darn much and eating to darn much of the wrong foods.

What's really odd, had I said "you need to stop eating so much", to most people that would have been insulting, rightfully so. I would never say such a thing because there are so many variables that go into why a lot of people are fat. It's no always about eating too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 03:38 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,657,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I was standing in the lobby of building after an appointment. It was me and 2 security guards. Another gentleman arrived and he was of slender build(looked very normal).

The security guard offered us both cookies, we both declined. The one security guard said: You guys need to eat, you need some meat on your bones, you're too small(we're actually normal sized guys).

The gentleman looked at the guard and said: "No sir, it's not so much that I'm too small, you're just too big"

And he were too big. I think this issue is people have become used to being over sized. If anyone that comes along and looks "normal" in terms of weight, people assume "you need to eat".

That's what killing folks, eating to darn much and eating to darn much of the wrong foods.

What's really odd, had I said "you need to stop eating so much", to most people that would have been insulting, rightfully so. I would never say such a thing because there are so many variables that go into why a lot of people are fat. It's no always about eating too much.
And this has what to do with Exercise and Fitness? Maybe Diet and Weightloss would be a more appropriate forum.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:43 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,589,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post

Hear you! I shy from topic like this, since weight is a sensitive subject but I really do get tired of family, friends even complete stranger asking if I ever eat etc...I'm a runner, I workout out and eat all organics. I'm in great health, had my yearly done from head to toe, blood work,cholesterol, etc, etc.... In the docs own words he said I'm in better shape & heath than most 20's , I still have all my parts and take no medications as of date...51 feeling alive~ .......

Old 06-11-2015, 08:42 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,098,250 times
My husband goes through this all the time. Strangers, friends, family always telling him he's too skinny, he's too small. He's normal size, with well defined muscles. He has a smaller frame but he is by no means super skinny, they are all just bigger than him that think that that is the norm. LOL. He plays a lot of sports like soccer and volleyball and is a runner so it is only natural for him to be slender.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:04 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,167,069 times
Is there a point to this thread?

Old 06-13-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Is there a point to this thread?

I think the point is, us skinny folks get dist as well...

Old 06-14-2015, 10:21 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,828,412 times
#SPP (Slender People Problems)

Old 06-14-2015, 12:59 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,345,683 times
God. Why won't fat people just leave us alone!

Old 06-14-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
God. Why won't fat people just leave us alone!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness