Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 09:41 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by belovenow View Post
LOL - Lord of the Rings and perhaps I read that or something like that in a D&D manual decades ago! Zero relevance to this thread, but hilarious as heck!

Regarding this thread, people have now stated that short/small people tend to put on weight easier and my thought is that it may be due to them eating/becoming normalized to the food portions served for average-sized people. It's just a theory, but I base it upon how ridiculously large most meal portions have become at restaurants. Its so easy to want to finish everything served simply because it's on the plate... a smaller person doing this no doubt will get fat really quickly if they don't check themselves.
There is also a theory that short people tend to put on weight more quickly because the food they eat has a shorter distance to travel before reaching their stomach.

Thus far, I am among the few who ascribe to this theory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 09:43 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,952 times
No

Old 04-28-2016, 09:58 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
No doubt.
There. Fixed it for ya.

Old 04-30-2016, 03:16 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,383 times
I'm former bodybuilder and I can say this, without the drugs you are going nowhere! Weider was a f*cking crook with his bogus supplements and BS theories.

Yes shorter guys can fill out quicker because of a more compact frame. Plus when dieting down and stripping body fat its much easier for short person to maintain muscle mass.

However, the tall guys that can do fill out look like monsters! Former Mr. O Ronnie Coleman is 6ft. Anyone remember Paul Dillett from the 90's? Dude was 6'4 huge and freaky as hell. I have a friend of mine that is 6'5 330 @ 10% bodyfat, he's absolutely gianormus. He really stands out in a crowd.

Old 04-30-2016, 05:07 PM

421 posts, read 423,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Taller men usually tend to be muscular and built than short ones, but I always hear that short guys are more prone to get beefy?

Aren't short men more likely to be "ectomorphs"? Isn't that term for the small-stature folks?
Are you really shorty??

Old 12-27-2017, 01:42 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,005 times
Arnold used to say that his training partner Franco Columbo (a much shorter man) had it easy because he didnt have to move the weights as far!
The question of how easy it is to build muscle aside, of course shorter men appear more muscular than tall men. Dwarves look pretty buff, even the ones that never work out!

Old 12-27-2017, 08:15 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Arnold used to say that his training partner Franco Columbo (a much shorter man) had it easy because he didnt have to move the weights as far!
The question of how easy it is to build muscle aside, of course shorter men appear more muscular than tall men. Dwarves look pretty buff, even the ones that never work out!
I think that's true for European and Asian men, but I've noticed that the height/proportion issue is less noticeable among men of African descent.

While most Euro/Asian men tend to have arm lengths roughly equal to their height, a lot of black men will have significantly longer wingspans relative to their height. I'm 67 inches tall ('5'7") with a 74 inch ('6'2") wingspan.

NBA player Rajon Rondo is '6'1" but has a '6'9" wingspan. Russell Westbrook also has a '7'0" wingspan on a '6'3" frame. Taller guys always use the height thing as an excuse on certain lifts but most of those guys don't have disproportionately long arms. A '5'9 guy with a '6'6" wingspan is going to have a much harder time on the bench press than a '6'4" guy with a '6'6" wingspan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness