Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 04:29 PM

506 posts, read 958,480 times

Advertisements

Anyone else interested in female bodybuilders? My fav is bikini division. One day I would like to compete also. I was inspired by when I went to a local show in Brooklyn last fall and was blown away about how fit all of the bikini women were. They were fit, lifted weights, had a toned tight body but still looked feminine.

I've been keeping up with a lot of shows this summer and checking out who the winners are and who went pro. I can't wait for the Olympia this September.

Any other women interested in this weightlifting 'lifestyle'.

moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 08-13-2015 at 05:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2015, 05:22 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Although, not my cup of tea, they all look great. Believe it or not, the tan accentuates their muscle three fold. For the most part, when they're not pumped up competing, their bodies look very tone and not too muscular as you see in the pics.

What I absolutely hate, is the breast implants. I understand, they need it to look feminine with their ultra low body fat, but it looks out of place, IMO.

Any woman pursuing a bodybuilding lifestyle is in for a lot of work and sacrifice. Good luck, women!

Old 08-08-2015, 05:29 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Although, not my cup of tea, they all look great. Believe it or not, the tan accentuates their muscle three fold. For the most part, when they're not pumped up competing, their bodies look very tone and not too muscular as you see in the pics.
Those women appear to be clean which is why they're not supermuscular. Most women have to be juicing to look "ripped" as their bodies don't naturally produce enough testosterone to develop that look no matter how much they work out.

Old 08-08-2015, 05:31 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,984,503 times
Awesome - I have a friend who competes, very hot body (and she's smart - has the whole package).

Old 08-08-2015, 06:20 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,002,568 times
This is nothing but an old fashioned T&A contest with fit women. It's NOT bodybuilding. Real female bodybuilders were hugely muscular and truly outstanding athletes. These are just swimsuit models with fake breasts and sequined bikinis. The whole sport is unbelievably disgusting and sexist - back in the days of real bodybuilding, women bodybuilders would laugh about the "old days" when bodybuilding contestants were actually expected to wear heels on stage. We thought we were actually past that. So sad that something we were past is back with a vengeance. Sorry, but these women are just not athletes. And oh my god, they are wearing thongs. This is one step above a nudie mag.

Old 08-08-2015, 06:29 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
The amount of silicone implants in these contests is quite unappealing to me. They all look so disproportionate to the body frame, considering the lower body fat needed to enter these contests.

I do not find them attractive at all.

Old 08-08-2015, 07:50 PM

506 posts, read 958,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
This is nothing but an old fashioned T&A contest with fit women. It's NOT bodybuilding. Real female bodybuilders were hugely muscular and truly outstanding athletes. These are just swimsuit models with fake breasts and sequined bikinis. The whole sport is unbelievably disgusting and sexist - back in the days of real bodybuilding, women bodybuilders would laugh about the "old days" when bodybuilding contestants were actually expected to wear heels on stage. We thought we were actually past that. So sad that something we were past is back with a vengeance. Sorry, but these women are just not athletes. And oh my god, they are wearing thongs. This is one step above a nudie mag.
I wouldn't say these women are not true athletes, They workout pretty hard, and do bodybuilding split days, focusing on compound and isolation movements. They lift pretty heavy if you follow their fitness social media and gym footage. They don't prance around stage to like cute, but to show other women that lifting weights isn't just a negative image of women who are too muscular or big (like the bodybuilding division of female NPC competitions) and that you can still be and look 'strong' but feminine and sexy at the same time.

Old 08-08-2015, 09:13 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Those women appear to be clean which is why they're not supermuscular. Most women have to be juicing to look "ripped" as their bodies don't naturally produce enough testosterone to develop that look no matter how much they work out.
Being "ripped" is more a result of very low body fat levels. For a number of reasons, women have more trouble with this, especially in the hip and thigh area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
This is nothing but an old fashioned T&A contest with fit women. It's NOT bodybuilding.
The **** it isn't. I have an old acquaintance from middle school who just placed in the top 5 in the WNBF Open Bikini division. Believe me, they use bodybuilding style training.

Quote:
Real female bodybuilders were hugely muscular and truly outstanding athletes.
And they were also using testosterone or other anabolic steroids, while the girls posted above are at or close to their natural genetic potential. Now I'm a big proponent of the sensible use of anabolic steroids and other performance enhancing drugs but it's highly disingenuous to use that as some sort of arbitrary line.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:49 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,918,932 times
I follow the sport. I think that the physique and figure categories are a more interesting look, but the top competitors use stuff and engage in extreme dieting, while it's possible to place highly in bikini while remaining completely natural (I mean chemically, not implant-wise).

Yes the bikini competitors do bodybuilding-type training.

You should compete in whatever division you want and don't listen to people who think the look is too sexual or whatever. Good luck.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:59 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
I follow the sport. I think that the physique and figure categories are a more interesting look, but the top competitors use stuff and engage in extreme dieting, while it's possible to place highly in bikini while remaining completely natural (I mean chemically, not implant-wise).
Depends on the federation. The acquaintance I mentioned earlier got hit twice with random drug tests and had to take a pre-contest polygraph. You can still sneak around that but some are more vigilant than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness