Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 12:12 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Sorry, but that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I work with mostly guys, they would give me a thumb up for showing up like that!
Of course. 2 thumbs up is what a man must give a lady who makes his day. It would be my duty and resposibility to give a lady 2 thumbs up for showing up like that. But some people receive bitterness because they are in shape and look good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 12:23 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
The wardrobe malfunction itself was definitely hilarious, and I can totally appreciate why men wouldn't say anything. I was just mad because not one of those women bothered to pull me aside and tell me; I could retained some dignity by running out and buying something else, or at least begged a cardi off of one someone.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:23 PM

506 posts, read 958,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Yeah, that was the term she used...because we KNOW that all married women work out and lose weight to pick up men, DON'T WE??? That office staff also used to buy truckloads of takeout every day, too. As soon as the donuts were gone, it was time to think about ordering lunch. Eat like that, sit at a desk for hours, and you know where it goes!

I like donuts and takeout too, but eating that stuff during a work day (EVERY DAY???) affected my body chemistry and made me feel like crap...tired, groggy and unproductive (and cost $$$$$$$)...so I declined. That made her even more hostile.
I think a lot of people who are jealous want to drag you down to their level. They want you to eat the junk like they do and be a inactive person to make themselves feel better. Its a shame. Instead of looking at someone who takes their fitness and health into consideration and maybe find inspiration to workout or become more conscious of what they what they eat, they would rather mock and criticize your healthy choices.

Old 08-25-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zara Ray View Post
I think a lot of people who are jealous want to drag you down to their level. They want you to eat the junk like they do and be a inactive person to make themselves feel better. Its a shame. Instead of looking at someone who takes their fitness and health into consideration and maybe find inspiration to workout or become more conscious of what they what they eat, they would rather mock and criticize your healthy choices.
Yeah. I have heard people comment on fit people in a way that is stupid. They see someone in great shape and automatically accuse them of spending ridiculous amounts of time in the gym. I mean that they think those people spend half of their day in the gym in order to be like that.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:02 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Generally speaking I do not make comments about anyone's weight unless they call attention to their "new behaviors." I'll congratulate them on their progress if it feels like they want me to.

Sadly, I have wanted to exercise and lose weight with my sister, but she has declined because she is worried about things becoming a "competition!" Her and I have never competed at anything, but I think she has some leftover resentfulness about something from childhood, as her and I were often compared in school.

One of my friends has become a bootcamp addict in the past couple of years, and she has become a lot fitter. It seems to have impacted our friendship a bit, and we haven't quite figured out what the problem is. In some ways we don't fit into her "new lifestyle." So we struggle a bit more to find stuff to do together. (I.e. she is likely to do a Warrior Dash, and I don't like to get dirty.) I am trying to convince her to get a bike so we can ride together and it will give us a cheap activity to do together.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:05 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Speaking of receiving abuse for being in shape. Some companies pick on women with a nice figure by prohibing them from wearing certain types of clothing because they look nice in them. Usually the people prohibiting those garnents aren't exactly in the best shape. They claim that those ladies look provocative in those outfits and it is not appropriate.
This "provocative" thing happens if you have the wrong "body shape" things just look more proactive, or are perceived that way, if you have certain types of figures. Example: if a slim, ruler shaped woman wears a short dress and boots it is usually ok. Put that same outfit on someone who looks like let's say Nicki Minaj, and it becomes to provocative.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:51 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Has that ever happened to you? You have either gotten strong and muscular or fit and athletic or have lost weight and look better than ever and some people frown upon your progress by making comments to downplay what you have done or what you do to be in shape?

Ignore them. [/thread]

Old 08-25-2015, 06:47 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
The wardrobe malfunction itself was definitely hilarious, and I can totally appreciate why men wouldn't say anything. I was just mad because not one of those women bothered to pull me aside and tell me; I could retained some dignity by running out and buying something else, or at least begged a cardi off of one someone.

seriously,,,,why wouldn't another lady in the office...let you know??? they must be jealous of you,,,
we men are quick to tell other men,,,if there shirt is untucked,,,fies open,,,,whatever..

I cant believe you got written up for that,

Old 08-27-2015, 09:21 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
seriously,,,,why wouldn't another lady in the office...let you know??? they must be jealous of you,,,
we men are quick to tell other men,,,if there shirt is untucked,,,fies open,,,,whatever..

I cant believe you got written up for that,
My sister got a call that my niece (13) is wearing inappropriate clothes at school.

My sister said "she is wearing the same clothes her older sister (15) wore two years ago!"

The older niece just has a very innocent look to her, while the younger one looks too sexy in the same clothes.

Funny, isn't it?

Old 08-27-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
My sister got a call that my niece (13) is wearing inappropriate clothes at school.

My sister said "she is wearing the same clothes her older sister (15) wore two years ago!"

The older niece just has a very innocent look to her, while the younger one looks too sexy in the same clothes.

Funny, isn't it?
Incredible. Double standard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness