Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 06:26 PM

15 posts, read 17,776 times

Advertisements

What is the best and worst shape you have ever been.

I need some motivation from my previous thread and was thinking what your guys fitness past and future is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 10:45 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingtitan View Post

I need some motivation from my previous thread and was thinking what your guys fitness past and future is.
Check my thread that I started last year and brought back recently called 'The Best Shape Of Your Life' it should help you out.

Old 09-21-2015, 03:02 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,413,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingtitan View Post

Go here and start posting again instead of this new thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/exerc...ur-life-5.html

Old 09-21-2015, 06:12 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,910,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Go here and start posting again instead of this new thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/exerc...ur-life-5.html
Either that, or maybe give your thread a title that does not sound like nearly a duplicate of an existing thread. Something specifically to the effect that you're seeking info on how people who have been in bad shape turned things around.

Old 09-23-2015, 04:12 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,982,294 times
I've never been in terrible shape but for sure (the worst was 10 years ago working at a computer 10 hours a day)... right now I am in the best shape of my life... six pack, strong muscles and joints, most flexible I've ever been, and my heart health is excellent. I credit three major life changes for across the board improvements:

1) Yoga 6-7 days a week. <---- This has had the most impact on my life.

2) Swimming laps 2-4 times per week (when swimming is unavailable I will jog)

3) Eating right - I went vegetarian just a few months ago (and before that mostly vegetarian with some fish), cut out processed food, Gluten, HFCS, Caffeine, and Milk.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:51 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,365,433 times
Worst shape was 6 years ago. I hit a weight high of 200 pounds (5'5" female). I found out my weight when I was being weighed before gall bladder surgery.

After a few years of watching what I eat, and exercising a little bit more, I've plateau=ed now at around 145 pounds. I'm happy I've maintained this weight for about 2 years now. But I need to get into better shape and exercise more than I have been doing.

My best shape was without a doubt when I was in university. I lived in a small university town, that was really hilly. I had no car and walked everywhere. All over town, and didn't think twice about it. I was in such amazing shape!

Walking is really underrated as a fitness regimen. If you do enough of it, you'll get into decent shape pretty quickly.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:10 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,889,961 times
Best probably when I was about 35 (19 years ago). I was approached to be a fitness model and I remember once walking down a beach and one of two guys (gay) playing catch with a football started looking at me and the football thrown by his partner just smacked hard him right in the face as he was seemingly transfixed by me- right out of a bad sitcom lol. I was tall, very lean with super broad shoulders and nice abs and along with lifting was a regular rough water, long distance swimmer in the ocean so had a nice balanced body shape.

Worst, probably now about 20-25lbs over weight (but not obese, 6-2 205) but I think my body still has a lot of muscle memory if I just get my act together and start lifting and, now, much more core work, just daily crunches, leg lifts and push/pull ups chair dips makes a lot of difference. Usually it just take about four months to start looking good if I stick with it.

Probably not drinking as much great local craft beer would help too.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:05 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times
over 50 now

worst shape...probly 5 years ago,,,,eating and eating more...sweets and a lot of breads/carbs

best shape....20 yrs,,,and i'll say now for my age..

reasons why

1. cut out carbs...no sweets no breads no pasta...lost weight quickly

2. lift/workouts in basement,,,,only 20 minutes at a time.. every 2-3 days I can bench over 325 ... and curl 120 lbs a few times

3. diet... protein protein protein eat mostly meats......and fruits,,,i don't like veggies but will have some occasionally and nuts/almonds im a butcher so I know what lean meats are ...
I love meats always have ..... my dr. who is near a vegan is jealous of my bloodwork,,,, im on no medications he's on 3 ..and younger than I ...he told me to keep doing what im doing,,,my cholesterol is great

I know many dump all over meats,,,but it has worked for me,,,,

high protein and low carb,,,, and I do treat myself to an ice cream blizzard every sunday at a dairy queen

im at the weight I want to be at,,,feel great and get lots of compliments...

I ate so many watermelons this spring/ summer,,,,,they will fill you up,,mostly water... and whipped cream and blueberries ..low fat whipped cream,,,satisfies the sweet tooth craving

Old 09-24-2015, 01:16 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,958,245 times
Best shape age 6-19. Daily sports/physical exercises.

Worst shape about a year ago when I had to gain 14 lbs for a surgery and coworkers asked me if I am preggos.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:47 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,228,599 times
Worst shape: after my 3rd kid was born. With the other two I bounced back right away with minimal effort, but after the third it was a struggle

Best shape: a toss-up between now, and field hockey season when I was in school
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness