Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 02:24 PM

73 posts, read 84,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I finally did it: signed up for a 5k on Thanksgiving morning. The Mr, our older son, and I are all doing it. Just signing up is a big deal for me because I am one those neurotic types who never completes unless the odds of getting first place are stacked in my favor. So... knowing that I likely won't even come close to first, this is a major step outside of my comfort zone
Wow, congrats, way to go on committing to your first race.

I'm doing almost the same exact thing. doing a 5-miler on Thanksgiving morning. Called a Turkey Trot. Lots of hills, they tell me. I have been jogging for a few months, trying to get back in shape after a long layoff. I played college hockey years ago but then took a long hiaturs from most things health-related. LOL.

But after getting married last year--to a much younger woman--I have decided to get back in shape. Running should help. Plus I'm doin some Rec League Hockey this winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 10:46 AM

41,790 posts, read 74,825,163 times
I'm a walker/racewalker, and walk 10K pretty much every Saturday or Sunday morning when I can. So there's that.

I've done a few of racewalking 20K, and have walked a half-marathon, but haven't done a marathon.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:33 PM

26,175 posts, read 21,437,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity_Boy View Post
Running is pretty much my life. LOL.

Next up on my sched is the Austin Rock 'n' Roll Marathon.

Did a little 10K trail run last Saturday.

Been running since high school and then college where I competed in track. (800M, 1500M, & 3000M).

Probly have run about a dozen marathons; a couple dozen 10K's; and my latest favorite type of race to run are those mud runs, stuff like the Spartan Run and the Tough Mudders that have been so popular over the past couple years. I do those whenever there IS one in my area, or within an hour's or so drive.

GL on your Army run this weekend. But man, that's waaay too many people for me. LOL

The rock n roll series doesn't have a race in Austin

I've done 1 marathon and 20+ halfs

Old 11-08-2015, 02:46 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,359,287 times
Run forever, on-and-off triathlon. Honestly, I've gotten pretty disenchanted with racing lately though. Races almost always started early in the morning, but now 7:00am is the new 8:00am and I just don't have the desire to get up at zero dark thirty.

Triathlons are a lot of logistical work. Packing, setting up, laying things out. There's just so much stuff, it gets kind of tedious.

The worst part of any sort of race though is the hour or two beforehand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness