Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 10:07 PM

24 posts, read 29,243 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody,
I'm having a bit of a problem and some advice would be nice. I've always been a pretty skinny girl, except in my stomach. I've recently lost more than 10 pound from my new job. I walk about 6 miles a night and I didn't realize I wasn't eating enough calories. I weight about 111, I don't want to loose anymore. But I want a flatter stomach. I'm really frustrated and I don't know what to do. im sorry, this post might sound really dumb. But does anyone have any advice? I've attached some photos to show what my stomach looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Skinny fat-image.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2016, 10:44 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
You need to continue losing weight.

Old 04-15-2016, 11:49 PM

434 posts, read 248,090 times
Basically two things effect what you look like;

% body fat
muscle mass

If you continue to diet down you'll lose the fat but end up v skinny.

A better way of doing it is to diet down and lift some weights to put on abit of muscle which has the effect of adding curves.

Diets covered to death elseware but basically lean meats and fish + lots of veggies and greens - carbs - any kind of processing.

For exercise a weight program such as starting strenght is prob optimal but the main thing is doing something consistently, loads of examples such as kettlebell classes etc.

Running a couple of times a week would also help out on the weight loss side and your heart would thank you later.

Old 04-16-2016, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glokta View Post
Basically two things effect what you look like;

% body fat
muscle mass

If you continue to diet down you'll lose the fat but end up v skinny.

A better way of doing it is to diet down and lift some weights to put on abit of muscle which has the effect of adding curves.

Diets covered to death elseware but basically lean meats and fish + lots of veggies and greens - carbs - any kind of processing.

For exercise a weight program such as starting strenght is prob optimal but the main thing is doing something consistently, loads of examples such as kettlebell classes etc.

Running a couple of times a week would also help out on the weight loss side and your heart would thank you later.
Should I eat below my maintenance calories? If I lose anymore weight I'll probably be close to underweight

Old 04-16-2016, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
You need to continue losing weight.
I'll be almost underweight if I continue losing weight

Old 04-16-2016, 01:40 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,032,965 times
You're not skinny fat.

Old 04-16-2016, 02:41 AM

434 posts, read 248,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casscass09 View Post
Should I eat below my maintenance calories? If I lose anymore weight I'll probably be close to underweight
How tall are you?

Old 04-16-2016, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glokta View Post
How tall are you?
I'm 5'3''

Old 04-16-2016, 04:01 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
There's really no way to lose the fat without losing weight. At 5'3" and 110 pounds, you're not overweight by the charts, but if you want to lose the gut, you're going to have to drop another 10 pounds or so. That's 10 percent of your total body weight, so that will have a huge impact on your frame. My wife is about your size (though she carries her weight in her hips) and 7 pounds makes a big difference on her.

Old 04-16-2016, 04:15 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,355,014 times
You can lose about five more pounds and you still wouldn't be underweight.

Have you tried actually working out? I don't mean that in a jerk way---I mean that because I am also pretty thin but I have almost no definition in my legs because I do a lot of walking and not really anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness