Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 02:25 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,085,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Not enough information here to come to a conclusion. The MOST important things are caloric intake and protein intake, and we have neither.
Exactly. OP needs to calculate his TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and add 500 calories to that number, then that is how much food you should eat every day if you want to gain muscle. Oh, and that should include at least 0.7-0.85 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 02:59 PM

35 posts, read 28,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateanddown View Post
Well is counting every calorie and macro essential to results , or as long as I'm eating healthy .
Unless you're earning a living from the direct appearance of your body, counting every single calorie and macro is not essential to results. I have very few of my clients counting calories.

Quote:
No fast food , processed anything or sugar , soda etc and going to the gym I should get results right ? Or is it really that important that no matter how healthy I eat and lift weights I'll remain the same ?
Great, your body will thank you for cutting out all the junk. If by results you mean improving Health, Performance and Body Composition it'll depend. In a nut shell, it'll depend on what you're eating, how you're training and how well you're recovery.

Thanks for posting your meals, I'll provide feedback. To start out I recommend all your foods be organic and as local as possible. The below are starting points.

Quote:
Typical breakfast for me is a 1/3 cup of steel cut oats with some cinnamon and small splash of honey along with a shake 8 ounces of almond milk , one scoop of ON whey and two tablespoons of penut butter .
1. Make it 1 cup of oats

2. Take out the Almond milk unless homemade or its homemade by someone else (sometimes you can find this at local grocery stores or at your farmers market). The typical almond milks are full of chemicals.

3. Remove the ON Whey, full of chemicals/additives and the milk is derived from conventionally farmed cows. Experiment with Sunwarrior for plant based powder, Mt.Capra for Grass Fed Goat Whey Powder. A few more I'd recommend but those take some time to adjust to the taste. Also bump it to 2 scoops.

4. Peanut butter is ok, however make sure its from an organic source. Also rotate different nut butters, cashew, almond, hazelnut. Also experiment with frozen avocado and acai berry for another fat source.

5. Add in a medium frozen banana

6. Add in a half cup of frozen berries

7. Add in a handful of spinach

Quote:
Snacks I usually go for a handful of fruit : grapes , blackberries and raspberries also a quest bar
Lunch and dinners are typically the same . I eyeball my shredded chicken or turkey ground beef with a cup of brown rice and cup of broccoli.
Sometimes I'll switch it up and have 3-4 egg whites and 2 yolks with 2 pieces of whole wheat toast
1. Remove the quest bar and replace it with an organic foodbar

2. For lunch and dinner make sure the meat is organic/local. Have 2 servings of meat the size of the palms of your hands with both your lunch and dinner. Also increase the brown rice to 2 cups with each meal.

3. Replace the Whole Wheat Toast with Ezekiel bread and make sure to keep the broccoli with that meal too.

What does your training plan look like? Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:37 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,836,307 times
Conventionally farmed cows?1?!!! Oh my goodness.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:06 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
...More calories ? I feel I am eating a lot as it is , I don't to bulk or be fat I want to tighten my stomach from weight loss

How you feel is often not indicative of reality.

If you're looking to add muscle, you need to eat at a caloric surplus. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness