Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 08:02 AM

137 posts, read 109,548 times

Advertisements

So I think I have most of it down , these are the staples I use .

What are must haves in my nutritional lineup to help accelerate results in muscle gain+ fat loss

Meats I do lean turkey and chicken brests
Veggies , I just rock the brocolli steam in bag ( I know I need to up my veggie intake but I'm out of ideas to make it tasty and of what )
Brown rice
Penut butter ( natural skippy )
ON whey ( if anyone has a healthier protein im all ears)
I do ON casein before bed
Steal cut oats
Eggs and egg whites
Ezekial bread
I love avacado but don't eat them enough
Fruit but idk when to consume them because they spike insulin
Black beans
Green tea
Yogart
Quest bars
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 11:02 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,835,302 times
are you a guy or a gal?

Old 08-15-2016, 11:29 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,835,617 times
I wouldn't worry at all about the fruit. It's a good snack with lots of nutrients and generally high satiety levels.

I'd be more inclined to keep an eye on the Peanut Butter, but YMMV. As long as your overall calories are in line with where you want them to be (i.e. for cutting, bulking, or maintaining) and your getting a decent amount of protein, which, if you're doing casein before bed, you probably are, the rest isn't as big a deal.

Old 08-15-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
are you a guy or a gal?

I am a male .

About 2 months into weight training . Previous two years doing hiit at my home

Old 08-15-2016, 02:07 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,835,302 times
Thanks. I would add some foods with cholesterol and good fats to boost T.

I would dump the brown rice for black rice if available in your area. less carb per same serving. Do not know how low in BF% you wish to go but it would help get there.

otherwise you are ok. I mean quest bars, whatever they are, enjoy if you like them.

make sure you get enough vit d3. and sleep.

Last edited by Felix C; 08-15-2016 at 02:39 PM..

Old 08-15-2016, 02:30 PM

436 posts, read 521,111 times
Drop in some HMB with your protein powder...

Old 08-15-2016, 04:36 PM

19,023 posts, read 27,579,284 times
Why are you concerned with insulin? Yiu mean, fruits spike your blood glucose level? Just making sure.

Carbs are, unfortunately, the fuel for a bodybuilder. They digest and process fast and provide good energy. Same time, they do transition into blood glucose fast, hence one prone to high glucose level has to be careful with carbs.
Proteins - in meats and fish - are harder to digest and most of them go out undigested.

Btw, curious fact. 40% of a human protein intake is actually from dead GI tract lining. How about that?

One way of having fast easy proteins is egg whites. Unfortunately, you have to drink a lot of them and ones bought at store are very low natural quality. Rich in protein though.

Oh, and your veggies are none. You need to really upp comprehensive veggie menu. Raw and as good quality as possible.
Also, I do greatly recommend to drop all that rice madness and switch to quinoa. Quinoa has very high protein level. Buckwheat will control your sugar level.
Another very good - and tasty when properly cooked - source of protein is tofu.

Old 08-16-2016, 12:07 AM

4,560 posts, read 5,414,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeandgo92 View Post
So I think I have most of it down , these are the staples I use .

What are must haves in my nutritional lineup to help accelerate results in muscle gain+ fat loss

Meats I do lean turkey and chicken brests
Veggies , I just rock the brocolli steam in bag ( I know I need to up my veggie intake but I'm out of ideas to make it tasty and of what )
Brown rice - okay. Just as the dude above said quinoa is another good option here. The frozen quinoa from Trader Joes is easy to prepare.
Penut butter ( natural skippy )
ON whey ( if anyone has a healthier protein im all ears)
I do ON casein before bed
Steal cut oats
Eggs and egg whites
Ezekial bread
I love avacado but don't eat them enough
Fruit but idk when to consume them because they spike insulin
Black beans
Green tea
Yogart
Quest bars
Dude, you need to really up the amount of vegetables on this list. Even when I am bulking, my nutrition intake always always always start with veggies then I add on from there.

Veggies I like - broccoli (steamed or raw), spinach (mostly raw), kale, asparagus, brussel sprouts (hate them but I put them in my protein shakes to mask their taste), squash, beets, radish, turnips, basil salad (get from local Persian market and its REALLY good), celery, bok choy, zucchini.
Fruit - I eat minimal fruit but its mostly berries. Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, banana, grapefruit, cuties.
Brown rice - okay
Peanut butter - me personally, I would swap this out for some raw, unsalted almond butter
ON Whey - good. Casein is okay as well.
Steel cut oats - good. Prep with water, add bit of ON whey and low sugar crasins or blueberries.
Eggs - good. Why egg whites?
Ezekiel bread - I dont like it. Too hard. Whole grain is what I prefer.
Avocado - good, good, good. I eat 1-2 per day.
Beans are good - I like kidney though more than black beans.
Yogurt - never really been a fan of yogurt as they are usually chock full of sugar. They are really last minute type snacks. If I had to, I eat the CarbMaster yogurt.

Side question: do you spell incorrectly on purpose? I ask because this is something previously banned members do to try to hide their identity so as not to be banned again. Or, do you really just dont know how to spell and ignore spell check?

Old 08-16-2016, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Dude, you need to really up the amount of vegetables on this list. Even when I am bulking, my nutrition intake always always always start with veggies then I add on from there.

Veggies I like - broccoli (steamed or raw), spinach (mostly raw), kale, asparagus, brussel sprouts (hate them but I put them in my protein shakes to mask their taste), squash, beets, radish, turnips, basil salad (get from local Persian market and its REALLY good), celery, bok choy, zucchini.
Fruit - I eat minimal fruit but its mostly berries. Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, banana, grapefruit, cuties.
Brown rice - okay
Peanut butter - me personally, I would swap this out for some raw, unsalted almond butter
ON Whey - good. Casein is okay as well.
Steel cut oats - good. Prep with water, add bit of ON whey and low sugar crasins or blueberries.
Eggs - good. Why egg whites?
Ezekiel bread - I dont like it. Too hard. Whole grain is what I prefer.
Avocado - good, good, good. I eat 1-2 per day.
Beans are good - I like kidney though more than black beans.
Yogurt - never really been a fan of yogurt as they are usually chock full of sugar. They are really last minute type snacks. If I had to, I eat the CarbMaster yogurt.

Side question: do you spell incorrectly on purpose? I ask because this is something previously banned members do to try to hide their identity so as not to be banned again. Or, do you really just dont know how to spell and ignore spell check?
Lol no I know how to spell , I just have big hands for my phone which is what I post from and don't bother spellchecking . I'm not a previously banned member . Just newbie gym rat looking for advice .

I'm gonna try and up my veggies it's just hard I really only like really soft steamed broccoli and I like asparagus and spinach and kale .
I was thinking of getting one of those pasta makers and making pasta out of zucchini or squash . Seems like a no brained way to Tripple my veggie intake ?

Old 08-16-2016, 11:07 AM

Also , why so much hate on brown rice . I thought that was one of the body building staples for complex carbs .

Could someone give me a meal suggestions for lunches and dinner or post workout ?
I work early mornings I get off work at 130pm and go to the gym so my my lunch is around 11 I do either chicken or turkey ground beef with brocolli and brown rice .

I run out of ideas that's pretty much all I eat is that for my meals idk what else to use .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness