Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 08:57 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times

Advertisements

Is it just me or does Hugh Jackman in the photo on the right look like he could be Jeff Probst's younger brother?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 11:36 AM

44 posts, read 38,672 times
I workout religiously and I don't have blessed gene nor a body like Thor but that doesn't stop me because I go to the gym for stress relieve. You take your frustration your anger all your headache at the gym on the weights and believe me when you will be done you will feel much better. When I put the headphones on I forget everything, it's just me, my music and tons of weights to go through.
Especially when I am having a really bad day and nothing is going right I know at least one place that I can go and dominate and it always calms me down knowing the day was not a complete loss.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:48 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmofreegurl13 View Post
You are correct. It IS self serving and a waste of time to spend all that time and money in the gym. Go for a walk every day, jog, cycle , ski, play ball, tennis, skate, something that gives you enjoyment as well as exercising. You will get more out of it. I used to be a gym rat. Never again.
The OP is not correct. The OP went to the gym for all the wrong reasons. It sounds like he got sold a bill of goods by the fitness industry. Building or maintaining lean muscle mass for a variety of health reasons can't be adequately done by pursuing the activities you mention. Going to the gym isn't a waste of time, and doesn't have to cost much. You can choose an expensive gym, or a cheap gym. Nobody said you need to spend a lot of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness