Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 01:16 PM

37,461 posts, read 45,673,199 times

Advertisements

I just saw a guy down at the beach this weekend on one and he was whippin' down the street - and he was also in awesome shape. I thought it looked very cool!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 07:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,205 times
TRIKKE i have a T-8 Air for sale. $350.00 $30.00 shipping UPS Ground. Matt black. Excellent condition. Large size for men or women. weight limit 250lbs. Barely broke in, is great for pavement and sidewalk use. Love the curve. Contact me for details. email Subject line: TRIKKE [email]Havell272@gmail.com[/email]
Sale only available in USA with PAYPAL NO Returns. Great Christmas Gift! posted 9/2/2010

Old 09-02-2010, 09:45 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,566,646 times
Try Craigslist or ebay.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:36 PM

2 posts, read 4,099 times
I just recieved my Trikke. Well made and love the sleek look. I feel like a dork though I cannot seem to get going. I am not a good skier. Watched the videos. I feel like there is something missing from the wayI am doing it. I do not have a nice smooth sidewalk. Only the road, no decline. Any suggestions??

Old 03-08-2011, 07:37 PM

2 posts, read 4,099 times
I bought mine from the Trikke dealer in Tampa for about 260$. Nicely made.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:07 AM

89 posts, read 202,474 times
Dstephens27, I also own a Trikke. First of all, congrats on your purchase.

You do not need a smooth sidewalk. A road with plenty of hills will do fine. It is really hard to explain how to operate the Trikke. You just have to do it. Don't worry, you WILL figure it out.

Remember, it is a combination of steering the front wheel, leaning, and shifting your weight. Your whole body has to work together. When it finally clicks, you will be flying up hills in no time. You will actually wonder why it took so long to figure out.

Don't be discouraged. I have never skied before, either. You will love your Trikke. Get a Camel-Bak or something for water, too. You will need it.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:07 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,767,205 times
Every time I have seen one around here, it was being pushed. If you get one, get it off of Craig's list or ebay or some such used site, so you can see how to set up your add when you go back to sell it. Or you can dispense with that whole exercize in futility and just get a bike.

Last edited by PanTerra; 03-14-2011 at 10:36 AM..

Old 03-14-2011, 11:52 PM

89 posts, read 202,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Every time I have seen one around here, it was being pushed. If you get one, get it off of Craig's list or ebay or some such used site, so you can see how to set up your add when you go back to sell it. Or you can dispense with that whole exercize in futility and just get a bike.
That is a bit unfair of you to totally dismiss the Trikke without ever trying it. Sure, it looks gimmicky and weird and is easy to give up on. Others, however, use it all the time. I can go 10 miles without pushing it once.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:00 AM

540 posts, read 1,904,274 times
Anyone seen the Streetstrider? Very expensive though but very fun to ride and an excellent workout. I would like to get a Streetstrider once they are affordable. I would not pay $1800 dollars for it. Way over priced. I'm going to check out these Trikke's you are all talking about.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:24 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,767,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekTant View Post
That is a bit unfair of you to totally dismiss the Trikke without ever trying it. Sure, it looks gimmicky and weird and is easy to give up on. Others, however, use it all the time. I can go 10 miles without pushing it once.
Yes, it is probably unfair of me. However, it's not that it is just easy to give up on, it's that so many actually do. Check Craig's list. That is why it is so easy to dismiss, besides witnessing people riding them and seeing their frustration. My suggestion was just to buy used, as the used market is plentiful and a buyers's market, and see how one like's it. These are suitable for riding on vacant parking lots but are a hazzard on multi-use paths or streets.

The ElliptiGo looks interesting, albeit pricey.

http://online.wsj.com/video/working-...rticle_related

Last edited by PanTerra; 03-16-2011 at 11:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness