Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 07:50 PM

51 posts, read 224,173 times

Advertisements

Real close to investing in a Trikke, check out a great forum here at TRIKKE IT OUT! - Trikke Talk Web Forum | TrikkeTalk.com seems pretty addictive as a form of exercise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 01:44 PM

158 posts, read 868,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber_kid View Post
Real close to investing in a Trikke, check out a great forum here at TRIKKE IT OUT! - Trikke Talk Web Forum | TrikkeTalk.com seems pretty addictive as a form of exercise.
I have been wondering about this too.

Anyone have one? Is it as great as the infomertial makes it seem? I think I am going to get one and if I like it get my whole family one.

Old 08-16-2008, 06:15 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,486,415 times
I am assuming you got some since I think you are the same person who recommended it to me. We got a T5 today (2nd hand) for the kids (and me) to lear on. So far the kids are loving it and I am not quite figuring it out yet.

Larger ones are coming soon!

Dawn

Old 08-24-2008, 07:20 AM

8 posts, read 84,114 times
Default Trikking in Tucson

We just picked up two Trikkes, the T8 for our family. The "how to" videos are posted on the Trikke website and gives you some good tips on how to ride and find the sweet spot. We plan to take ours over to an empty parking lot at a nearby school to learn. After that, plan to ride them on a nice path at Riverfront Park in Oro Valley. Will ad our overall review once we have become proficient trikkers!

Old 09-09-2008, 01:34 PM

2 posts, read 19,123 times
I bought one for my wife (and the rest of the family) last week, the T78 air. It's a blast, but don't expect to jump on it and just start riding. It takes time. If you're a downhill skier and/or rollerblader you'll get it quicker. Watch the video, do what it says, and start out on level ground or a SLIGHT DECLINE. You will NOT be going up any hills for a while. But once you figure it out, it's a real blast. I highly recommend it.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:07 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
Thank you! I was wondering about this! I saw an infomercial, loved it then found out that near my town there is a store and they have demo's you can try. Just haven't made my way over there yet. The new ones are kind of expensive though, don't you guys think so? I paid $350 for a new mountain bike and having a LOT of fun with my SO. I think the price I found for the Trikke was like around $500??

Old 12-09-2008, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 9,583 times
Thanks for all of the info, I have been wanting one for a while now.
I think I will ask Santa for one for Christmas - I could do with toning up a bit and they look like great fun
http://x08d1129kihy184.imageshacknow.../signature.png

Old 08-09-2009, 12:17 AM

1 posts, read 7,580 times
Want to let you know that my husband and I got our Trikkes at Amazon, since they were backordered through Trikke. They came in five days and we paid around $250. each for them.--Can't remember model number and too lazy to get up and look right now. It's the model where you can switch the back wheels to rubber ones. Anyway, we have put around two hours in on our local high school parking lot and those slight inclines that were impossible yesterday are much more manageable today. My husband and I are nearly 60 and we are loving the workout, plus they are tons of fun. It will be great when we get good enough to go on some bike trails. Do look at the video and read the manual. I, of course, did neither on my first day and really got no where fast! We are delighted with our purchase. They seem well made and are terrific exercise.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:18 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
saw 2 going down the road today, looks like a death trap.
i dont even like to ride a bike on the street, really bad drivers.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:25 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber_kid View Post
I think it would be fun, but alas, it is not good for hills and when you live in the Missouri Ozarks, "EVERYTHING" (including parking lots) are either up or they are down.

What I found interesting is that it looks just like roller skating with a handle. LOL If I ever move to Kansas, I'm buying one!

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness