Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 10:32 AM

1,180 posts, read 770,744 times

Advertisements

Hi. I need to figure out a good "snack" to eat during the day. Trying to figure out my best 2000-2500 calories. My next workout happens tomorrow afternoon.

I do NOT have the ability to refrigerate ANYTHING, and I have only LIMITED option to store ingredients.. If someone were to mention "Make Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches," It would look kind of weird to be putting peanut butter and then jelly on bread in the storage area OR break room.. Someone would eventually say something to me. So, even that is not exactly "feasible."

I see the little pouches of Planters peanuts, and the Jack Link's and Matador look possibly attractive. The meat snacks are still slightly price-prohibitive.

Since I'm not INTENSELY working out, ALL the time.. I dont really need a "skip a meal" shake.. Unless I can make it work. We have this new "Chobani" drink, is supposed to have probiotics and be like a milk/yogurt thing. It looks appealing, but I haven't plinked down any money on it.

I may also switch up my free Subway sub a day to Tuna. That reminds me. I need to get over there...

So. Any snack advice?

Thanks.

- No more Naked juice.
- WATER is now my MAIN THING. Bought the tall Poland Spring this morning. Those gallons may not be the worst idea, to truly save money (and then pour into a sport bottle. And keep the gallon in my locker, vs the tall bottles.)
- Switching the sub to Tuna. It IS free food.. and I'm NOT super agressively working out, nor training. Still, though. I am working out, and taking an interest in my fitness..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 10:40 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,722,391 times
Nuts
String cheese
Avocado
Beef jerky

Old 11-28-2016, 11:01 AM

18,866 posts, read 27,304,020 times
What is it with you and persistent desire to buy things? Things that for some strange reason do not go stail on the shelf for long time? Ever wondered why?
Get a good water filter and simply drink that. 4 to 6 stage. None of them little dinky mount on the faucet ones.
Snacks. Grrr....
Find a Winco store if you have one. Go to bulk section and buy nuts. They have mixes or nuts themselves. Your choice. If no Winco, (very cost efficient) Fred Meyer has same, but for more $$. Read on nuts. You really want to have walnuts, as they have good stuff for brain. Thereafter, you go by lowest possible carbs and highest possible protein values. Make sure everything is unsalted and, if possible, raw version. Salt retains water and fattens you.
Nuts are easy to store and carry. Very rich, filling snack.
Have mercy over yourself, do not buy bars...
Beef jerky... Yeah, but they went higher in price than tires and engine oil in matter of this year. Like doubled in price. Also, what is sold, is filled with preservatives and catered for long shelf life. Rich in salt. Yet, it's a great snack. Solution? Make your own. Not that hard actually and you know what you eat.
You can also make fish jerky but be careful with that, do not go long stretches on fish. It's too rich into elements and should be taken consistently for several weeks then break done.
Anything jerky or smoked type is concentrated, you know.
I'd have to advise against cheeses. Unless you are like I am - my cholesterol is stellar no matter what I eat.
Boiled eggs. Yes, they are safe. It's been confirmed since 2014. Rich in nutrients and good for you. Ha ha, easy for me to say, I have chicken farm.
Also, you need to start paying attention to inner self. Are you reaching for snack because you ARE hungry, or because you crave taste? It can be very deceiving, you know. So you snack ONLY when you ARE hungry.
That said, back in time when I started weight lifting, I was literally eating 10 times a day and was still hungry. But then I moved about 40 tons of weights 4 times a week and walked everywhere. And was running. I had HUGE energy expense.

Old 11-28-2016, 11:02 AM

Not to forget. Quinoa is great grain!

Old 11-28-2016, 11:04 AM

Sorry, becoming thread hog.
When you eat, make sure you stop right when you are slightly hungry. Just a little bit. Make it a habit to never fill or overfill.

Old 11-28-2016, 11:06 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,722,391 times
Better than all those words: find your basal metabolic and base you caloric intake around that. This is and isn't rocket science.

Old 11-28-2016, 12:08 PM

29,451 posts, read 22,392,470 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/exerc...-appetite.html

Old 11-28-2016, 12:45 PM

649 posts, read 810,737 times
why not just bring a peanut butter sandwich from home and leave it in the shelf until you need it? its not going to go bad sitting out for a day.

Old 11-28-2016, 01:55 PM

4,733 posts, read 2,588,471 times
how do you get free subs at Subway?

Old 11-28-2016, 02:57 PM

6,806 posts, read 10,449,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAcapulco View Post
If someone were to mention "Make Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches," It would look kind of weird to be putting peanut butter and then jelly on bread in the storage area OR break room...
Plan ahead and make it at home and bring it. Problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness