Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 09:09 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
She is in terrific shape but still looks fifty.
So what? She is a very fit and beautiful 50.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2017, 09:35 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,144,961 times
She looks great and kudos to her for making money with her youtube channel.

That being said, so much is due to heredity. I like the saying "there are those who are born on third base who think they hit a triple" which is very true in many cases. I inherited a decent metabolism but not great. For me to be in shape like that would require many more hours of working out than this woman. But I don't complain because my sister has a terrible metabolism and battles her weight even though she eats better and works out more than I do. So not everyone comes to the fitness table equally.

Old 01-21-2017, 12:17 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Really? I went through menopause around 50. Not much has changed with me. Still wearing the same stuff, still working out, etc. And no hormones, ever. I know lots of women that could say the same thing.
True, there are women who stay trim. I've noticed quite a few who, even if their body shape doesn't change significantly, get a sort of puffy look about them. They seem to gain some subcutaneous fat on their limbs. Others go from a pear shape to an apple shape almost overnight. One woman told me she suddenly went up several sizes, but when she got on HRT, she came back down to her normal size. She still has her "big" clothes stuck in the back of a closet.

But you're right; the subject of the OP could be one of the lucky ones, and not experience much of a change. In any case, 50 isn't at all what it used to be, 50 years ago.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:32 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratrock View Post
Jennifer King becomes a YouTube sensation after revealing secret to abs | Daily Mail Online

And she makes $100K a year on her YT channel!

I watched some of her videos on her YT channel and geez, this woman not only looks great for 50 but quite honestly any age!

Most of her videos are her in a bikini but...wow!

Ladies, what do you think about it?
Jennifer, is that you?

Old 01-21-2017, 01:36 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I know a few women in their 50's who are in amazing shape.Its no mystery as to how they got there. Dedication, hard work and good genes. And 50 aint that old.
Yeah...50 isn't old.

I'm over 60 and have basically the same body I had at 40. I'm not saying it's great. I'm saying it's about the same. My hips are wider (and I'm happy about that).

But if you exercise moderately, don't gain a lot of weight, and don't have a lot of kids, you will probably have about the same body you had decades ago.

Most women have several kids and gain weight. Having several kids will leave you with excess skin around the abs...nothing will help that but a tummy tuck (which King may have had, if she has had several kids).

Looks like she's had a boob job (this is something that age WILL affect, no matter what a woman does; they will sag and become more deflated with age...hers a little too round and firm for her age, so they look like a boob job. Which is fine.) I suspect she's always kept in reasonable shape, and that continues, as long as she doesn't gain weight, have a bunch of kids, stop exercising and eating right.

Last edited by bpollen; 01-21-2017 at 01:49 PM..

Old 01-21-2017, 02:13 PM

3,647 posts, read 3,781,694 times
I guess I'm not surprised she works in agriculture. I, and most of my friends, are over 50 and in at least that good of shape. Some better. We all ranch.

The differences we see in each other is in the amount of wrinkles we have on our faces, necks, and hands. Sun, wind, heat, and cold, in low humidity are brutal on skin and some people have better genes to mitigate the potential damage. Even when you're careful to use lots of sunscreen and wear hats.

Good for her, though. I don't know anyone who is into posing or drawing attention to them self, so the money is all hers, as far as I'm concerned.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:51 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
I'm a well-practiced expert at detecting implants. I can spot them on a woman two blocks away. And after studying many photos and videos, I don't think that this woman has them. What some people are claiming to be implants, are actually just well-developed pectoral muscles. There's a growing number of women who get them, who don't really need them, but they make the mistake of reaching for too much. This woman has made the right choice of doing hard exercise, to get her shape.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:37 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I know a few women in their 50's who are in amazing shape.Its no mystery as to how they got there. Dedication, hard work and good genes. And 50 aint that old.
Seriously.
I play tennis at 2 country clubs and with a community league.
There are very many in-shape women in their 50s.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:38 PM

98 posts, read 198,034 times
I think this is great. I'm female and over 50 and I'm in best shape of my life. I work out 4 times a week; I wish I had the time to work out that she has. But I'm happy with my results and I plan on maintaining it. I am able to see my abs for the first time in my life, and I'm 134 lbs. Strength training is what did it for me and I love it and I love to see that other women do it do and have great results.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:50 AM

3,145 posts, read 2,656,593 times
Yum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness