Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 09:02 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Now the real question is, does your girlfriend have a problem with her own body or is it just you?
Yep.

I think her best bet is to drop the extra ~200 lbs she's got hanging over her.

If she wants to lose weight and/or change her body, that's her choice, not her boyfriend who is maybe kinda sorta in it for a few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 09:16 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
You want to lose weight?

Not easy but cut out most bread, snacks and fried foods.

Do more walking

I was thin all my life but when I hit 55 the party was over. I have to be careful with what I eat or I get fat.
I weighed a hundred and fifty my whole life except for a pregnancy once. I'm 5'10", weigh 142-144 now but here about year ago i was 165 - 168 and just miserable ( not exercising) . I looked in the mirror, had a round gut like you see in the adds, but an additional 25 lbs. Gawd, I was miserable. I didn't want to walk or do anything. That's the difference in 20-30 on me. NO thanks..

Morning- 1/2 -1 cup of steel oats and a banana. ( oatmeal consists of dried fruits, nuts that I add)
Lunch- energy bar, orange
Dinner- some kind of vegetable, stir fry or such
Late night snack- yogurt, dried fruit and nuts

Subway, if I do go out.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:58 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Listen, I'm 41. Work out four times per week, 1-1.5 hours per day. I do as much core (ab) work as I can. Hell I even have the makings of a four pack. And guess what? I have noticeably loose skin at my lower ab region. It's called "mommy damage"...two kids and resultant weight gain can do that to you. I gained 60 lbs during my last pregnancy and even though I lost the weight and firmed up the rest of my body, the skin is still there. I don't care. Genetics is right - my mother is a size 2 and doesn't have flat abs, courtesy of me. If it doesn't bother her, then let her be. Actually I'd put you on silent treatment if you came to me with any sort of weight loss tips from the internet. Jeez..

And what do YOU look like?

Old 01-23-2017, 10:02 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
I weighed a hundred and fifty my whole life except for a pregnancy once. I'm 5'10", weigh 142-144 now but here about year ago i was 165 - 168 and just miserable ( not exercising) . I looked in the mirror, had a round gut like you see in the adds, but an additional 25 lbs. Gawd, I was miserable. I didn't want to walk or do anything. That's the difference in 20-30 on me. NO thanks..

Morning- 1/2 -1 cup of steel oats and a banana. ( oatmeal consists of dried fruits, nuts that I add)

Subway, if I do go out.
Interesting. I weighed 165-168, same height as you, but I did exercise and looked much more lean and felt great. I guess exercise really does make a difference and a number on the scale is a number on the scale. That's why I don't get preoccupied with numbers..

Old 01-23-2017, 10:25 AM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,241 times
Quote:

Subway, if I do go out.
Is that even 1200 calories? I'm not sure how people can eat so little in a day and not be starving...

Old 01-23-2017, 10:47 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:

Subway, if I do go out.
That sounds so unhealthy. There is not a lot of protein or calories.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:38 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
How did you do it? Pilates perhaps or surgery? I know that a healthier diet, while it can't hurt, really doesn't do a hell of a lot for actual weight loss in the middle of the body.
Have a GF who is one of the nicest and sweetest people I've ever met, well, her mid flab isn't really a turn on to look at. Is it gross? No, but it's not sexy either.
She actually eats healthier than most people so I wonder if her thyroid could be out of whack and that's why her weight loss seems to be slow or minimal.
Again if you're over 50 and cut your belly to normal size, how did you do it?
I say over 50 cards it's quite a bit harder over 50 or even 40 to flatten a tummy.
Show her all your posts in this thread and then see what she says.

I hope she breaks up with you. I would.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:52 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
I suggest you get fit and make sure your partner fully understands that you view her body condition as an important part of your relationship.

The most important part is that she is aware that this is a deal breaker. and thus she can choose if that is OK or not.

every relationship is a package ,it is a compromise. Money, looks, weight, height , smarts... it is all a package.

I suggest directly or indirectly let her know what your longer term expectations are.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:56 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,647,187 times
Find a new girlfriend.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:53 PM

981 posts, read 899,886 times
You sad she eats healthy but she could still be blowing it out on the calories. I know some people will disagree, but when I really want to lose wieght I have to be below 1400 calories a day with at least 30 mins of real exercise. Maintenance shouldnt be more than 2,000 cals per day even with continued exercise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness