Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 03:21 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,546,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
yeah, don't kid yourself. Double chins are not cute. They make the whole face look slightly deformed.
Well, that's rude. A lot of people have double chins and you just called us all fugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 04:02 PM

20,688 posts, read 19,838,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Well, that's rude. A lot of people have double chins and you just called us all fugly.
I did?

Old 02-22-2017, 04:11 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,246,309 times
Quote:
I did?
Haha yeah you kind of did. Does double chin always = deformed?

Old 02-22-2017, 04:16 PM

20,688 posts, read 19,838,965 times
The shape of your head changes with a double chin. This is a "deformity." Sorry ... I don't think it is pretty and I am entitled to my opinion just as you are. If you like double chins, good for you.

Plastic surgeons offer surgeries for double chin deformity. Dr. Hilinski says "Many patients seek out plastic surgery of the neck because of what is often times referred to as a double chin deformity."

https://www.drhilinski.com/neck-lift...y-dr-hilinski/

Maybe you wanna send him an email, calling him rude, too.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
The shape of your head changes with a double chin. This is a "deformity." Sorry ... I don't think it is pretty and I am entitled to my opinion just as you are. If you like double chins, good for you.

Plastic surgeons offer surgeries for double chin deformity. Dr. Hilinski says "Many patients seek out plastic surgery of the neck because of what is often times referred to as a double chin deformity."

You are def entitled to your opinion, no biggie

Old 02-22-2017, 07:06 PM

19,963 posts, read 30,051,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bell235 View Post
29.... hope it's not aging if it is, anything i can do? or is it just genetics?
i noticed and thought the same thing......

the whole world is looking down at their phones.....so maybe if we all get double chins its not as noticeable

Old 02-23-2017, 03:18 AM

28 posts, read 25,587 times
You try Your phone use less

Old 02-23-2017, 07:55 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,234,163 times
Quote:

....and a cosmetic surgeon has no ulterior motive for labeling something in the most negative way possible? He's not going to make as much money by minimizing ANY physical characteristic that anyone might consider a "deformity" no matter how minimal it is objectively.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:51 AM

17,480 posts, read 38,908,361 times
I agree it is genetics. It can also be related to the length of your neck. For instance, I am tall with a very long neck and square jaw. Even when I was 55 lbs overweight I did not have a double chin. I am 67 years old, still no double chin. My sister however has always had a double chin even when young and very slim, now that she is 64 and overweight, it just dissolves into her neck with no defined jaw at all.

You are young OP, google neck and chin exercises, to strengthen those jaw muscles. Sleep on your back, and just to be safe QUIT LOOKING DOWN AT YOUR PHONE! lol

Old 02-24-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I agree it is genetics. It can also be related to the length of your neck. For instance, I am tall with a very long neck and square jaw. Even when I was 55 lbs overweight I did not have a double chin. I am 67 years old, still no double chin. My sister however has always had a double chin even when young and very slim, now that she is 64 and overweight, it just dissolves into her neck with no defined jaw at all.

You are young OP, google neck and chin exercises, to strengthen those jaw muscles. Sleep on your back, and just to be safe QUIT LOOKING DOWN AT YOUR PHONE! lol
haha thanks. yeah i mean if i had it my whole life then i'd be like ok whatever genetics. but the fact that it sprung up about 2 years ago out of nowhere, and i look back on pics when i was like 25 with such a nice jawline, i'm just like - how did that even get there? but like i said, i went through one of those bulk/cut cycles, so maybe with the weight gain (only 12ish pounds really), maybe it came on that way and now it just won't go away despite losing some lbs. but i feel it much more pronounced when i'm looking down at my phone (obviously). just a thought i had lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness