Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 06:02 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,744,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Sciatica could be a big pain in the but. I suffer as well. need to get checked out by a neurologist and Orthopedic Doctor, and confirm where it is coming from. You will need testing then a plan to control the pain.

for starters, try these tips:

- keep the wallet or items out of your back pockets
- learn to exercise with lighter weights
- learn some yoga stretches
- sleep with a pillow between your legs
- use correct posture for everything
- learn core exercises , like the plank
- ice packs and heating pads help
- biofreeze like products do help
- easy on back/leg excercises
- you cant workout the pain at max.

this is a nerve issue, going from the lower back, butt, then wraps around the thighs, knees, lower legs and finally between your toes. are you getting leg numbness/ pins and needles as well? strange sensations to touch?
I'm getting numbness/tightness in the toes. It hurts to sleep, sit and lie down and go up and down stairs. Feeling a bit of pins and needles in my lower back. Thinking of getting an epidural shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 07:06 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,174,188 times
GKelly, if it's really that bad, go here and read.

Home | Dr. Reeves Prolotherapy | Specializing in prolotherapy, perineural injections and topical application, chronic pain relief, severe arthritis, severe fibromyalgia, rehabilitation therapy, regenerative injection therapy, treatment studies.

It's a travesty that these methods are no longer covered by insurance, despite the fact that high level athletes receive forms of prolotherapy for their musculoskeltal issues.

It's just that the medical cartel is full of parasites. Either way, the fact that you have it may indicate you have an imbalance. You should do a Functional Movement Screen, so you can have a professional help you determine where that imbalance may be and what you can do to correct it.

Prolotherapy really does work, but it's important that you go to someone that is competent. Just like in anything, there are levels. Not all prolotherapists are equal.

Old 08-02-2017, 07:34 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,174,188 times
I speak out of experience, GKelly. I too had sciatica at one point in my life that seemed to persist for years. I adapted my workout, but I also received prolotherapy and PIT. I not longer have sciatica. I'm not leading you astray. I know what it feels like to have pain. I don't wish it upon anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness