Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 07:34 PM

280 posts, read 338,856 times

Advertisements

Thanks all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 08:12 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
If you're going to run at your best and avoid injuries, you have to be warmed-up before you start. Some people can be warm and ready early in the day, but I can't. I would never attempt to run until late in the afternoon or better, in the evening. I need to run full speed for at least a short distance during my warm-up or my workout won't go as well. If I tried to start my run with no warm-up at all, I'd hit that wall, after just half a mile or so. The older you get, the more important a good warm-up is.

I would never run until at least 5 hours have passed, since I've eaten anything. Usually it's been 7 or 8 hours. A lot of your body's energy and blood circulation goes into digesting food. If you run with a portion of your body's resources diverted to that, you won't be able to do as well, as with an empty stomach. If you eat a good diet, with enough slow-digesting complex carbohydrates and other essentials, you won't feel weak, even though you haven't eaten for that long a time. If you do feel weak when running, after not eating for several hours, you may be taking in too many simple carbohydrates, which are quickly used up and then leave you with an energy deficit.

Your body has a two-day reserve supply of protein, in the epithelial cells lining your small intestines. These fast-growing cells take up about 60% of the protein you eat, into them, before they break off and are digested and re-absorbed, with their nutrients then going to the rest of your body. Your vital organs and muscles always have proteins available, even if you've gone hungry for the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness