Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 12:30 PM

170 posts, read 315,416 times

Advertisements

Fit bit is a tracker, it will track your steps (except the gps version). You can "compete" with others. I have co workers who use it and they challenge each other and makes them more motivated to work out. If you're running the Garmin Forerunner is good but will only track when you turn it on.

But what other says, these are "tools". Anyone can lose weight without these gadgets. They are useless if you don't use them how they are supposed to be used. I can work out without them but I'm so used to using them, I can't live without it.

My best motivation is not really with these "tools" it's the people that use the tools with me. You will have bad days and good days. Just get enough good days and you're set.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 09:16 AM

26,181 posts, read 21,481,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktop View Post
Fit bit is a tracker, it will track your steps (except the gps version). You can "compete" with others. I have co workers who use it and they challenge each other and makes them more motivated to work out. If you're running the Garmin Forerunner is good but will only track when you turn it on.

But what other says, these are "tools". Anyone can lose weight without these gadgets. They are useless if you don't use them how they are supposed to be used. I can work out without them but I'm so used to using them, I can't live without it.

My best motivation is not really with these "tools" it's the people that use the tools with me. You will have bad days and good days. Just get enough good days and you're set.
The forerunners series now including activity tracking for steps, distance, calories and progress towards goals so you don't have to have an activity on and in progress to collect that data

Old 12-02-2017, 05:36 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,203,413 times
I have a Fitbit Charge 2. I love it. I'm averaging 6 miles a day and can't wait for the display bells and whistles when I get my 11,000 steps. It's a motivator for me and I also pay attention to my sleep cycle. YMMV

Old 12-04-2017, 07:51 AM

21,622 posts, read 27,915,166 times
Love my Apple Watch, but as mentioned it’s not going to do much for you.

I do like the new fitness rings though, makes it a game to exercise/walk every day.

I had the Fitbit Flex 2 before which was a waste of money. It doesn’t do anything a phone can’t.

Old 12-05-2017, 12:09 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,786,399 times
I use Endomondo Pro on my phone it's rated one of the best ones and has like almost 500,000 people that reviewed it.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:46 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,265,406 times
Fitbit is ultimately a toy, but it can be a motivator if you let it since it is a constant reminder on your wrist of your activity levels.

It can definitely help, but as others have said, you won't lose weight just by wearing it.

I have one and I mostly appreciate it for the sleep monitoring and get some use out of the heart rate monitor as well. Over time, the charts it develops, visible on the phone app and online, let me know which days I have room to step up my game, sleep trends, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness