Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 11:45 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,116,680 times

Advertisements

Bacon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 07:14 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,663,649 times
I try not to snack too much, but when I am at work sedentary during the day, I usually just make tea. During the weekend when I tend to exercise in the morning, I will just have cheese for some protein.

I worked at one job a while back where we would have almond snack time at our Friday afternoon meetings and have different flavored almonds. That was pretty fun, but they can get to be a lot of calories quickly. They are a good snack, though.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:32 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
That breakfast is not sufficient to keep you feeling full. You could use some more healthy fat. How about avocado on toast instead of English muffins with light cream cheese. Or peanut butter on that english muffin. Or add a greek full fat yogurt and dump the english muffin.

Another option is have a snack of a piece of cheese + a few nuts at 11am.
Full fat cream cheese.

It will take the place of the calories you would have eaten for the snack and keep you full from the get go till the next meal.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:06 AM

6,294 posts, read 4,190,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Snacking is one of the many causes for obesity and failure in weight loss. If you snack to get "full" then you are absolutely bound to fail in your weight loss/fitness plan.

I very very rarely snack on anything. If I do, its usually during a bulk (i.e., gain weight/muscle) and is always something like:

Raw organic almond butter on whole grain bread (one slice)
Cottage cheese with almond slivers
Air popped pop corn with garlic powder and cayenne pepper

Snacking to "get full" is just asking for bad things. That is just as bad as "idle snacking" which is when you snack while doing somethign else like watching tv, surfing the net, perusing online message boards, etc. Never snack to get "full".

I don't snack much,if at all. Rarely eat potatoes, breads, rice. No fast foods or cakes,pies or cookies. Eat fruits, veg, salads, chicken/fish, some eggs, nuts with breakfast, some dairy and I'm walking every day and I am still very overweight. My body won't shift the weight. I followed a nutritionist advice for three months and made major alterations to my eating habits after cancer treatment last year, and Nowt! So when I hear advice if you just do so and so I want to GROAN

Your diet is the kind of eating I like.

Just sniffing Doritos or some of the other stuff people eat I'd be 300lbs in no time. Sigh

Old 01-15-2018, 11:35 AM

272 posts, read 184,024 times
Peanut Butter!

Old 01-15-2018, 02:34 PM

2 posts, read 1,080 times
Here is a tasty treat that can't be beat!

Chocolate Breakfast Protein Cake
Ingredients:
3 tablespoons Chocolate or vanilla Protein Powder (can be purchased at walmart)
1/4 cup egg whites
1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
1/2 tablespoon raw honey

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until fully combined.
Spoon mixture into a one cup oven safe ramekin or coffee mug. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Makes 1 serving.
This is a yummy snack and healthy for every family member to eat while
staying healthy.

Last edited by Zenlife; 01-15-2018 at 03:06 PM..

Old 01-15-2018, 02:42 PM

2 posts, read 1,080 times
Got a sweet tooth but don't want to crush your fat loss goals? I make this in just 2 minutes. It's one of my go-to treats when I'm craving something sweet in the afternoon or late at night. It's caffeine free so you can even drink several cups a day!

I recommend TAZO Organic Vanilla Rooibos Parfait tea. I add about a teaspoon of 100% Maple syrup and a teaspoon of coconut milk. You could also use stevia, coconut sugar, or raw honey.

Some of the benefits:
Improves circulation, skin conditions, Powerful antioxidant, prevents against some cancers, encourages restful sleep, Contains Flavonoids which help with digestion.

And its very yummy!

Last edited by Zenlife; 01-15-2018 at 03:07 PM..

Old 01-15-2018, 05:35 PM

4,847 posts, read 2,663,915 times
Reese's peanut butter cups

Old 01-21-2018, 10:23 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zola View Post
Drinking plenty of water during the day is another good way of feeling full without the need to snack so much.
I was going to say, drunkmskme water, wait 20 minutes and evaluate if you still need a snack.

Old 01-21-2018, 01:21 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,238,526 times
I don't snack. I just have water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness