Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 02:04 PM

370 posts, read 903,162 times

Advertisements

My God, 14 pages of troll success. Not bad for someone with 9 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 04:23 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever View Post
My God, 14 pages of troll success. Not bad for someone with 9 posts.
I was gonna say the same thing - people just never learn.....

Old 07-23-2018, 05:49 PM

172 posts, read 146,317 times
Passive-aggressively shame them by simultaneously telling them how much you want cosmic harmony and love yet find them despicable murdering Neandertals for not thinking exactly as you do. Blatant intolerance is always much more palatable when dripping with Yoga-Goddess honey.
If this doesn't work you could find another place.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:08 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Hey don't knock 14 pages worth of kumbayah - I think everyone except the OP is in agreement!

Old 07-23-2018, 07:09 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,620,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I never knew ANY SDA's that ate meat. Most of the surviving members of DH's family (including DH) have since left the SDA church, and now eat meat. Meat consumption was heavily frowned upon. You'd NEVER find it at a church potluck. DH's family were strict fifth generation SDA's, but the only ones still remaining in the church, and still vegetarian, are his sister and brother-in-law.

When we went out to dinner with the in-laws, we (DH and I) would always be the ones ordering meat. We all went "dutch", each paying for our own meals, so we ordered what we wanted. No big deal...we just didn't order anything with pork products, because why risk offending them? Except, once when I ordered chili as an appetizer, and 8-year-old nephew said, "I love chili! I want it, too". His stepfather, an SDA Pastor, said, "No, you can't have that. It has meat in it." The poor kid had eaten meat his whole life until his real father (a non-SDA) died, and his mother reconverted and married an SDA pastor and ended up full out vegan.
That's really interesting - I am usually read up on religions, but I never realized how hardcore SDAs could be. What is their take on alcohol? Do they consume it? What exactly is the reasoning behind a vegan diet?

Old 07-23-2018, 07:54 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Hehe one of the vegan "trolls" left me an anonymous "rep" comment. I am guessing it was the OP.....

Old 07-23-2018, 09:01 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,386,473 times
Glad that it is still possible to blow the steam at least in some direction. Enjoy it, until vegans become new protected minority.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:17 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
The best way of dealing with vegetarians or Vegans is not to give in to any of their special need demands. They are so judgemental and outspoken against anyone who isn't part of their cult. They have to be out in their place and know their BS will not be tolerated. I'm not lining my BBQ with foil so you can have a veggie burger. I'm not making a special red sauce for you that doesn't have meat in it. You don't like what I am cooking don't come to my home and when you wonder why I don't invite you over anymore refer back to this past behavior. Eat a salad and ****.

My son's partner is a vegan but when he comes to someone's house, he brings his own food and will eat whatever we have that has no animal products. You ever order a pizza for a vegan? They don't put cheese on their pizza! He is not judgmental or outspoken, he started the vegan life because he used to be almost 400 pounds and now is around 200 with just diet and exercise.

Personally, if I had to look into the face of any animal before it was slaughtered for my consumption I would become a vegetarian. As it is, I eat very little meat these days, mostly seafood, chicken, beans, etc. but I wouldn't expect anybody to cook special for me. If I'm at someone's house and they are having Rack of Lamb or a Ribeye I'm not going to turn it down.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:21 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,187,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijinendra View Post
Being a vegan, how can I convince my non-vegetarian roommates not to cook non-vegetarian food in the house? I don't want to be rude, but since they are in the majority(2 vs 1) I am kind of in a weird situation of how to ask them to not cook nonveg in the house.

You are the exception/problem, whichever. You move.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:29 AM

50,763 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
That's really interesting - I am usually read up on religions, but I never realized how hardcore SDAs could be. What is their take on alcohol? Do they consume it? What exactly is the reasoning behind a vegan diet?
One of the interesting things is that SDA as a population have very long life spans, longer than average. There are pockets of people around the world being studied due to higher than average longevity, but SDA are the only such group in the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness