Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 11:07 AM

2,209 posts, read 2,317,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Awwwww, how sweet. He can go back to doing deadlift with those ridiculous socks on.
Let me guess: you must be 100-0 in street fights (with probably 96 KOs) to your credit, right? LOL. Macho men and their macho tendencies.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
That pathetic old man initiated the confrontation and then pulled his gun when it went south on him. The fact that you even mentioned race shows that you have that same redneck mentality. It's always ok to shoot the black guy.
Parking in a handicap spot started it off. And the "old -- at 47?" man was confronting the girlfriend for parking in the spot. He wasn't being physical or even attempting to be physical. Then the boyfriend comes out and shoves the man to the ground (and the older guy was not even facing the boyfriend -- he was facing the girlfriend), so he was basically blindsided.
Pushing someone violently to the ground is a seriously aggressive move. Black guy "put hands" on the other guy, and he got a response. Black guy got violent. He should have acted like a mature, rational adult and used words to inquire as to what was going on? But he chose to immediately use violence. And I bet he wouldn't have used violence against just anyone, like many so-called tough guys. No, he first made a quick judgment of the situation and determined that it was "safe" to use force. But oops -- that turned out not to be the case!

Old 08-08-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
You guys just still can't get it straight on that one that it ain't okay to go assaulting somebody who got up in your business for a minute. If yo' a*s get shot doing that it's your bad.
That whole "street mentality" of acting hard and being hard and acting as if one is a one-man army ready to right every wrong and settle every score causes so many problems in the world. One of the reasons why our prisons are so filled to capacity (and also our graveyards). Obviously many humans still have not evolved much from our more primitive ancestors.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I was really impressed by the kid's restraint I have to admit. I mean, he handled himself as well as he possibly could, and the other dude was seriously, what, 50 yards away?! What's his problem?! Mind your own business. He wasn't even grunting, it's a deadlift, you drop it at the end, and he even had pads on the ground. I'm so confused why this guy flipped out.

I have to admit, I'm not that kind of person, good for the kid, his reaction is the one maybe we all wish that we had. I'm the "make my day" kind of guy, so if he pushed me, I would have bought myself about 20 seconds to recover if possible, "Sorry man, yeah alright, I'll leave." Then let's just say things would end badly for him. Don't pick fights, you never know when you pick on someone who is well trained, they may not walk away. I wouldn't.
But that doesn't necessarily mean that you would win or prevail in a given situation. Having a "make my day" attitude doesn't necessarily mean anything in and of itself. That mousey, unassuming, weak-looking guy over in the corner could be deadly. Testosterone and ego make too many guys think they are superhuman at times.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
That old man started the confrontation. If you think it's ok to kill someone for pushing you to the ground you need help. I would not shoot anyone over something so petty, especially if the guy was backing away with his hands up. This is coming from someone who has a gun and a license to carry.
The guy didn't deserve to die. But he should not have responded with violence. He had no right to put his hands on the other guy. Words are words. The white guy was using words. The black guy used violence. Civilized society says that you can't do that. Law say that you can't do that. Yet many people still act as if we are in the caveman days.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:29 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,434,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
Roid rage is nothing new.
I've always wondered what's the purpose of comments like "such-and-such is nothing new".

What are you trying to contribute to the thread? Are you making an attempt to de-escalate? Is it intended to be dismissive?

Old 08-08-2018, 12:30 PM

9,394 posts, read 8,360,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
I've always wondered what's the purpose of comments like "such-and-such is nothing new".

What are you trying to contribute to the thread? Are you making an attempt to de-escalate? Is it intended to be dismissive?
Welcome to City-Data, where everyone is smarter, wittier, better than you!

Old 08-08-2018, 12:51 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,556,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
The guy didn't deserve to die. But he should not have responded with violence. He had no right to put his hands on the other guy. Words are words. The white guy was using words. The black guy used violence. Civilized society says that you can't do that. Law say that you can't do that. Yet many people still act as if we are in the caveman days.
If the gun hadn't been pulled who knows what this caveman would have done next. He'll get no sympathy from me.
And that girlfriend is some kind of clueless piece of work. "I didn't do nothin' wrong, I can park wherever I want."
Actually parking in a handicapped spot without a permit is illegal - but she acts like she has absolutely no idea what a handicapped parking only sign is.

Old 08-08-2018, 01:12 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,571,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
Parking in a handicap spot started it off. And the "old -- at 47?" man was confronting the girlfriend for parking in the spot. He wasn't being physical or even attempting to be physical. Then the boyfriend comes out and shoves the man to the ground (and the older guy was not even facing the boyfriend -- he was facing the girlfriend), so he was basically blindsided.
Pushing someone violently to the ground is a seriously aggressive move. Black guy "put hands" on the other guy, and he got a response. Black guy got violent. He should have acted like a mature, rational adult and used words to inquire as to what was going on? But he chose to immediately use violence. And I bet he wouldn't have used violence against just anyone, like many so-called tough guys. No, he first made a quick judgment of the situation and determined that it was "safe" to use force. But oops -- that turned out not to be the case!
He had no business confronting anyone over a parking spot. The guy is not a police officer. He should have minded his own business. If he had, none of this would have happened.

In this world might makes right. It doesn't matter if you are an animal, person, entity or country. If you can steamroll someone or something without consequence, you will. If you can't, you won't. It doesn't matter if you're talking about this country or that black guy. So, spare me the rhetoric.

Old 08-08-2018, 01:33 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,571,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
If the gun hadn't been pulled who knows what this caveman would have done next. He'll get no sympathy from me.
And that girlfriend is some kind of clueless piece of work. "I didn't do nothin' wrong, I can park wherever I want."
Actually parking in a handicapped spot without a permit is illegal - but she acts like she has absolutely no idea what a handicapped parking only sign is.
The guy was a coward. He shot an unarmed man who wasn't even within striking distance of him. Plus, it's not his job to enforce parking laws and he has no authority to do so.

Last edited by Chicago South Sider; 08-08-2018 at 01:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness