Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 02:02 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I would see either a regular doc or a sports medicine doctor. You're too young to be having these issues.
That's what I was thinking too, you want to get to the bottom of what's the root cause here. If your job is very physical, it may be taking a toll on your health and otherwise preventing you from being a healthy young guy.

It's a nonsense excuse that a lot of people like to make up that you are somehow old in your 30s. It's almost like they think we're back in the Middle Ages and people don't live until 50 most of the time. For guys, peak testosterone is around 30 years old, though I have substantial doubts that makes much of any difference until a LONG time later. You may lose 1% off your peak per year, but even then, that honestly depends. That would first of all require that at 30 years old you were exactly in your peak physical condition from a perfect workout regiment and then, yes, you'd probably lose 1% per year and may notice by the time you're 35-40.

Most people don't fall into that boat, though. If you're not in peak shape, you can still increase your testosterone throughout your 30s as a guy simply by working out harder with heavier weights. It's only that your maximum absolute potential begins to decrease at that point, not your current potential given your circumstances.

I hit my highest bench late last year, 275, and just did 270 minutes ago for my high this year. Not only do I feel stronger than ever, but my body seems to respond even better than in my early 20s. It's faster to recover and nagging issues seem to go away easier than they did before, rather than lingering. I suspect it's because I'm more in tune with my body and avoid exercises that have a history of being a problem for me, so it's like I know how to use this machine we call a body better than I did before :P

I hope you can get to the bottom of it because I don't think it's a good idea giving up on weights. I can tell you in my experience, when I am NOT lifting for weeks on end, my body actually has more aches and pains, and sometimes I have random little tweaks that rarely happen while I'm in my ideal shape working out every other day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness