Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 04:00 PM

17,490 posts, read 38,960,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Update: going to the doctor tomorrow. simply not lifting did not make it better and in fact it hurts more. It's gotten to the point where it interferes with everyday life like showering, putting on clothes, etc. my range of motion has decreased even more and i can't do any weight bearing exercise except for legs and lower back extension. no arms, no chest, no shoulders.

I'm concerned that my strength will keep decreasing. all i'm doing is cardio and it's making me antsy.
It sounds serious, glad you are going to doctor. Be prepared for the fact that you may be out of commission for weight training for awhile. I have had similar injuries before, and it literally took MONTHS before it got better. You really have to give it time. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 11:13 AM

13,441 posts, read 15,397,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
It sounds serious, glad you are going to doctor. Be prepared for the fact that you may be out of commission for weight training for awhile. I have had similar injuries before, and it literally took MONTHS before it got better. You really have to give it time. Good luck!
Thank you.

It's "rotator cuff tendonitis". i'm sidelined for at least several weeks. dr. says that trainer shouldn't have introduced rotator cuff exercises as they are pointless for my needs and age

Old 11-13-2018, 12:10 PM

21,700 posts, read 24,907,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Thank you.

It's "rotator cuff tendonitis". i'm sidelined for at least several weeks. dr. says that trainer shouldn't have introduced rotator cuff exercises as they are pointless for my needs and age
Any specific exercise?

What comes to mind immediately is tricep exercises with free weights, which is why a lot of people use machines and do tricep push downs. Also do them right. The point is to isolate the triceps. Stand back a bit, don't lean in, lift your arms out in front of your body and keep the elbows in tight. You'll see a ton of people doing the "jackhammer". Arms down at their sides, hunched in, elbows flaring. That's not isolating the tricep. You can do a lot of weight but it's not isolating the triceps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness