Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2018, 12:03 PM

265 posts, read 238,705 times

Advertisements

Hello, I purchased a sauna suit because I seen people in the gym with it. I have a few questions that a google search did not answer. For example to clean it, it said I could wash it with water only after each use. My question is, do I leave it outside to dry after each use, and bring it in after I dries? Or if I could just leave it outside, and wear it when I need it?

Also I believe a sauna suit is used to drop water weight. What other benefits does it give you? Like would working out with it, while I lift weights, give me a more noticeable challenge wearing the sauna suit? Does it even burn some fat, or all water weight? Do you have to wear both pieces, pants and shirt? I like wearing the top piece only, or just the shirt. I purchased the Everlast F.I.T. Sauna suit. I noticed I dropped 2 pounds after a 35 minute workout with it. Thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2018, 12:38 PM

21,835 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Increased post-exercise oxygen consumption, so yes, it can. Of course you'll need to combine that was caloric restriction for the increased calorie burn to be from fat as that's not the bodies first choice of energy source when resting. Same thing with bikram yoga or heated spin classes.

The other advantage is acclimatization. If you normally train somewhere with low humidity and temperature, sauna suits do a good job of simulating high temperature high humidity conditions.

Old 11-11-2018, 06:24 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,763 times
You wont drop any fat unless you eat less. You are losing water, hence the 2 pound loss, so make sure you hydrate while wearing it. I can see no point to these except as the above poster pointed out, to acclimate oneself to certain weather conditions.

Old 11-11-2018, 06:46 PM

The pants ripped and so did the shirt. I used them twice so far, 30 minutes each time. Is it because I should of gotten a bigger size? I wear XL shirts so I figured XL was good enough. It was tight, and do you think Target would give me my money back if I return it ripped? I have the box and everything to return.

Old 11-12-2018, 08:06 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,345,252 times
This is a gimmic. Sweating more is not going to make you lose anything other than some mild water weight. In which case you're going to end up dehydrated, which will lead to other health issues.

If you want to sweat more, workout harder. Period.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:25 PM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
This is a gimmic. Sweating more is not going to make you lose anything other than some mild water weight. In which case you're going to end up dehydrated, which will lead to other health issues.

If you want to sweat more, workout harder. Period.
Exactly! I thought this gimmick died by the early 1980s. I'm surprised these things are still sold.

Old 11-12-2018, 01:21 PM

9,382 posts, read 8,345,252 times
It will also impede your workouts because of the heat it will produce. I can't imagine trying to do heavy squats or 30 minutes of cardio with this crap on.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:33 AM

Actually I felt good. the workout I normally do was harder, and I did break a hard sweat. it was not easy to finish I was very tired towards the end of my workout. so its a waste of time to use the sauna suit? that is how it sounds based on the comments. im sore like never before, I think that is a good thing right?

Old 11-13-2018, 08:18 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2017 View Post
Actually I felt good. the workout I normally do was harder, and I did break a hard sweat. it was not easy to finish I was very tired towards the end of my workout. so its a waste of time to use the sauna suit? that is how it sounds based on the comments. im sore like never before, I think that is a good thing right?
What is it you hope to achieve by wearing it?
All it is doing is raising your body temperature so you will sweat more. If you do not drink enough water to replace what you are losing you could become dehydrated.
You are not losing fat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness