Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 10:41 AM

4 posts, read 5,852 times

Advertisements

Everyone knows they are no magic pill . But are their any fat burners or
Thermos out there that help ?

I cycled on and off keto the last year . Had a injury that set me back a few months and with the holidays and football season I drank a lot . So I want to kickstart my cut . Any brands out there that actually work and aren’t loaded with chemicals .

I was looking at the instant knockout ones it says the ufc fighters take it to shred weight before weigh I.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2018, 11:17 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times
Not really... don't waste your money.. maybe caffeine/green tea to help stave off your appetite but the best fat loss is cutting back on your diet and doing cardio.

Old 12-27-2018, 02:43 PM

21,881 posts, read 25,146,349 times
There's one highly effective one. Turn off the heater and wear a t-shirt around the house. Stay warm enough to avoid hypothermia. If you're shivering a lot, you're doing it right. It's so easy anyone can do it and it's free. No, the pounds won't melt off but it's much more effective than magical pills that do nothing and cost a lot.

Old 12-27-2018, 04:20 PM

3,693 posts, read 2,413,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upper9292 View Post
Everyone knows they are no magic pill . But are their any fat burners or
Thermos out there that help ?

I cycled on and off keto the last year . Had a injury that set me back a few months and with the holidays and football season I drank a lot . So I want to kickstart my cut . Any brands out there that actually work and aren’t loaded with chemicals .

I was looking at the instant knockout ones it says the ufc fighters take it to shred weight before weigh I.
I don't buy into "fat burners" and these supplement stacks.

If someone is competing in BBing and their diet is 100% clean and they are 100% committe 24/7 before a contest, then perhaps.

But for the average person, IMO, no.

Old 12-27-2018, 08:17 PM

574 posts, read 377,026 times
There were products many years ago that artificially raised your heart rate, among other side effects. Not a good idea and some people had heart attacks and died. I think most have been off the market for a long time but I don't pay attention to what is available these days.

Anything the messes with the natural processes in your body is maybe not a good idea. I wish there was a magic pill because I have given up most of the foods I like. Like was already said, starve and eat tasteless food and do more cardio.

Old 12-28-2018, 03:52 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Along with exercise and eating healthy, do weight loss supplements work?

Old 12-28-2018, 08:27 AM

4 posts, read 5,852 times
Thanks everyone . What’s the best way to not lose muscle from
Upping cardio ? I hate cardio but I have no problem doing t25 3-5 days a week and the stair mill but I don’t want to lose muscle and be skinny again . What’s usually the happy medium ? Lift and then 3-4 days cardio and keep protein levels up ?

I’m 6’3 and 235 I would like to be about 215

Old 12-28-2018, 08:39 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,696,468 times
Them pills are all a scam and don't work. Up your cardio and drink lots of water daily, minimum 1 gallon, to flush out your system. If working with weights go for low weight, high reps.
Good luck

Old 12-28-2018, 06:49 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,915,325 times
Quote:
What’s the best way to not lose muscle from
Upping cardio ? I hate cardio but I have no problem doing t25 3-5 days a week and the stair mill but I don’t want to lose muscle and be skinny again . What’s usually the happy medium ? Lift and then 3-4 days cardio and keep protein levels up ?
You've got it about right. You might experiment some to find out the exercise schedule that works best for you, but adding lifting to your regimen is the way to maintain muscle as much as possible.

I disagree with the quote below, however. Working out with heavier weights is the way to build muscle, or to maintain. Light weights/high reps amounts to more or less another form of cardio. Working with heavy weights will be better for your goal of maintaining muscle. Muscle mass also helps burn calories, so lifting heavy to develop or maintain mass makes a good fat-burning combination with cardio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
If working with weights go for low weight, high reps.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:27 AM

3,693 posts, read 2,413,270 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone . What’s the best way to not lose muscle from
In my experience, I never lost muscle from doing cardio if your eating and protein is proper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness