Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 05:48 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,260,315 times

Advertisements

I seem to retain water terribly! I drink a decent amount of water each day but can't seem to get rid of this bloat, granted I know I could eat better-- but I really don't eat that bad, or too much. Im not a fitness or health nut, Im just average. On a good day, I look 7 months pregnant.. but it's not there in the morning, as soon as I eat I blow up. It gets even worse during "that time". Anyone in the same boat, any advice??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 07:27 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,448 times
Get rid of soda (even diet). Lower sodium content as well as refined carbs (white bread, crackers, chips, white rice and white pasta). Eat healthier and drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily. Workout 4-6 times a week. A better lifestyle will rid of many of your health and body issues!

Old 04-29-2008, 01:45 PM

529 posts, read 2,393,361 times
Try not eating anything pre-processed, packaged, or from a fast food joint for a week. You'll be amazed at the difference, and it will definitely leave you not bloated.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:45 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,145,603 times
Quote:
I seem to retain water terribly! I drink a decent amount of water each day but can't seem to get rid of this bloat, granted I know I could eat better-- but I really don't eat that bad, or too much. Im not a fitness or health nut, Im just average. On a good day, I look 7 months pregnant.. but it's not there in the morning, as soon as I eat I blow up. It gets even worse during "that time". Anyone in the same boat, any advice??
A little bit of bloat at the end of the day isn't necessarily abnormal, especially depending on your age and diet. As others have said, eliminate processed foods and salts. You really have to read EVERY label, as some foods have a lot more salt than you think. However, you said you have bloating to where you look 7 months pregnant. Is that an exagerration or is it really that bad? Other than you actually being pregnant, having Kwashiokor (from protein deficiency), liver or heart failure, some form of venous congestion, excess cortisol production (prednisone or Cushing's disease), or lymphatic insufficiency, I can't think of any reason why you would have that much bloating. Is it just abdominal or do you also notice in the extremities and/or face?

Old 04-30-2008, 06:25 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,260,315 times
NO Im not exaggerating, Its just in my tummy and I look pregnant. It goes away overnight, but comes back as soon as I eat..even if it's so much as beans or salad

Old 05-01-2008, 10:03 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,074,409 times
Have you been to a doctor to rule out gastrointestinal disorders, gall bladder, kidney function etc.? If you're a coffee drinker try switching to decaf and try Activia for a couple of weeks.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:32 AM

30 posts, read 124,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
you might want to get checked for allergies, especially if this only happens after you eat, you may have a wheat or dairy allergy, also check for candida albican, which is a yeast allergy, good luck

Old 05-05-2008, 10:47 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,024,355 times
I would agree with the last 2 posters. I you literally "blow up" right after the first meal of the day, you should get checked for gastrointestinal issues. Go see your doctor.

Old 05-10-2008, 03:54 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,373,422 times
Have you been tested for celiacs(sorry about hte spelling) its an itntolerance to gluetn

Old 05-10-2008, 09:53 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,662,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anadyr21 View Post
A little bit of bloat at the end of the day isn't necessarily abnormal, especially depending on your age and diet. As others have said, eliminate processed foods and salts. You really have to read EVERY label, as some foods have a lot more salt than you think. However, you said you have bloating to where you look 7 months pregnant. Is that an exagerration or is it really that bad? Other than you actually being pregnant, having Kwashiokor (from protein deficiency), liver or heart failure, some form of venous congestion, excess cortisol production (prednisone or Cushing's disease), or lymphatic insufficiency, I can't think of any reason why you would have that much bloating. Is it just abdominal or do you also notice in the extremities and/or face?
You sound like a Doctor to me, (If it looks like a duck). So doc, I have this problem.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness