U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 08:33 AM

416 posts, read 3,596,700 times

Advertisements

Just placed my order for the Bike+ upgrade.
Delivery on 10/26.
A lot faster than I expected.

As soon as the Bike+ arrives, I’m going to list our
current peloton on eBay.
Current bike is about 5 months old.

My wife will be happy.

Now I wait for the tread + for me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2020, 10:27 AM

3,240 posts, read 6,959,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi5 View Post
Just placed my order for the Bike+ upgrade.
Delivery on 10/26.
A lot faster than I expected.

As soon as the Bike+ arrives, I’m going to list our
current peloton on eBay.
Current bike is about 5 months old.

My wife will be happy.

Now I wait for the tread + for me.
You might want to check out the Peloton Buy/Sell Facebook page as an option to Ebay. Not sure which one will get you the best price, but I know that bikes sell FAST on that Facebook page.

Old 10-20-2020, 12:38 PM

6,271 posts, read 1,763,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I want to know if it is 'all that', in other words, worth it.

Quote:
So I will have to wait and see if I like it.

I love mine...BUT instead of trying to guess if you like it.......why didn't you just go to a store & try one out...specially since your profile says you are in wine country? They will set you up with an appt. for like 30 mins or 60 & go over everything & answer all of your questions.

IMO nothing is going to tell you more if you will like it than actually trying it & using it. So even if I like it or somebody else doesn't.....it won't help you. PLUS....not everybody likes exercising at home.

Old 10-21-2020, 09:41 AM

6,084 posts, read 7,533,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I love mine...BUT instead of trying to guess if you like it.......why didn't you just go to a store & try one out...specially since your profile says you are in wine country? They will set you up with an appt. for like 30 mins or 60 & go over everything & answer all of your questions.

IMO nothing is going to tell you more if you will like it than actually trying it & using it. So even if I like it or somebody else doesn't.....it won't help you. PLUS....not everybody likes exercising at home.
I already have it as I stated a few posts back, and I love it.

Old 12-16-2020, 08:17 PM

416 posts, read 3,596,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
You might want to check out the Peloton Buy/Sell Facebook page as an option to Ebay. Not sure which one will get you the best price, but I know that bikes sell FAST on that Facebook page.

The Bike + was finally delivered and my wife loves it.

Put the Peloton Bike on eBay for local pickup and sold right away.
$2200 cash.
Can't believe how well the bike holds its value.

Old 01-22-2021, 03:54 PM

2,218 posts, read 1,535,955 times
Sorry to revive an old(ish) thread, but I just ordered a Peloton Bike+ and am really excited, so I enjoyed reading about the experiences of some of you. I used to be really into spinning classes, but since moving away from NYC, I've never seemed to find a place that had a schedule that worked for me. I've wanted a Peloton for a long time and finally decided to pull the trigger after hearing how much my sister loves hers. She got hers in October and says it's the best thing she's ever bought for herself.

Their delivery is very backed up, so I won't see my bike until sometime in April, so in the meantime, I've been enjoying reading about other people's enjoyment of the machine.

Old 01-22-2021, 07:17 PM

6,084 posts, read 7,533,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
Sorry to revive an old(ish) thread, but I just ordered a Peloton Bike+ and am really excited, so I enjoyed reading about the experiences of some of you. I used to be really into spinning classes, but since moving away from NYC, I've never seemed to find a place that had a schedule that worked for me. I've wanted a Peloton for a long time and finally decided to pull the trigger after hearing how much my sister loves hers. She got hers in October and says it's the best thing she's ever bought for herself.

Their delivery is very backed up, so I won't see my bike until sometime in April, so in the meantime, I've been enjoying reading about other people's enjoyment of the machine.
You will love it! My husband and I are thrilled with this bike. So many class types, and the instructors are great.
I am excited for you!

Old 01-22-2021, 08:47 PM

2,218 posts, read 1,535,955 times
Quote:
You will love it! My husband and I are thrilled with this bike. So many class types, and the instructors are great.
I am excited for you!
So glad to hear it! I was wondering how you've made out, a few months in.

Old 01-23-2021, 10:37 AM

18,672 posts, read 10,594,393 times
Quote:
I know we have discussed Pelotons on here before, but I am interested in feedback from people who actually have a Peloton.

My gym just closed for the second time and I don't see it reopening or me wanting to go back with COVID the way it is. I know the Peloton is expensive but that is not my concern.
I love to spin anyway so that is good. And I love the idea of live classes.

I want to know if it is 'all that', in other words, worth it.
We've had ours for going on 4 years. We love it. We each use it multiple times per week and are thinking of upgrading to the new bike, in fact.

Old 02-22-2021, 10:14 PM

6,271 posts, read 1,763,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
We've had ours for going on 4 years. We love it. We each use it multiple times per week and are thinking of upgrading to the new bike, in fact.

IMO..it’s not worth it to buy another bike just to get a couple of little extra features & an upgrade rebate. AND.. you can still take the new boot camp classes. The plus has a little bigger screen & it swivels...but you can stream on any device or cast it to a smart tv. So...not worth the upgrade IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness