U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 04:43 PM

882 posts, read 308,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
So I am currently going to gym b but I might think of canceling and going to gym a. I was wondering users opinions on which gym i or they would choose.
I had to choose between Gym A and Gym B in real life (although in my case, Gym A was farther away and less crowded).

I chose Gym A because I wouldn't have to see a few people from Gym B who I was tired of.

I love Gym A and it's made my life better.

When Gym A isn't open, I just work out outside (either running or biking) or at home (by running up 130 flights of stairs total). So I adjusted to not being able to work out every day at the gym when I wanted to. It's been fine.

But if you stay with Gym B, just wear headphones and totally ignore people who you don't want to talk to.

PS: Workout partner (the concept in general) sounds totally annoying and time-wasting. The only time you need another person at the gym is to spot you if you're lifting free weights. Guys will generally help with that if you just ask; there's no need to partner up with someone for that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2021, 04:34 AM

1,966 posts, read 593,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
I had to choose between Gym A and Gym B in real life (although in my case, Gym A was farther away and less crowded).

I chose Gym A because I wouldn't have to see a few people from Gym B who I was tired of.

I love Gym A and it's made my life better.

When Gym A isn't open, I just work out outside (either running or biking) or at home (by running up 130 flights of stairs total). So I adjusted to not being able to work out every day at the gym when I wanted to. It's been fine.

But if you stay with Gym B, just wear headphones and totally ignore people who you don't want to talk to.

PS: Workout partner (the concept in general) sounds totally annoying and time-wasting. The only time you need another person at the gym is to spot you if you're lifting free weights. Guys will generally help with that if you just ask; there's no need to partner up with someone for that.

Ya if you have a weight lifting program the gym being closed is not good and there is no work around. I do not jog and I hate biking. too much jogging will burn off muscle. if you are sprinting not so much. I am too heavy and found jogging is just bad on my joints.

Old 06-01-2021, 10:53 PM

2,956 posts, read 5,508,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post

close at 1pm on sunday and 6:30 on friday!! the other days they are open to 8.

the free weight room is a lot smaller and more congested.
which one would you choose and why?
Congested free weight room plus horrible Friday hours would eliminate Gym A for me. Friday night is my best workout time since I don't have to worry about getting up early on a Saturday. Closing at 6:30 makes no sense at all. That seems to prevent people who work from going to the gym.

How about finding a gym C option if you must avoid people at gym B.

Old 06-02-2021, 06:07 AM

1,966 posts, read 593,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
Congested free weight room plus horrible Friday hours would eliminate Gym A for me. Friday night is my best workout time since I don't have to worry about getting up early on a Saturday. Closing at 6:30 makes no sense at all. That seems to prevent people who work from going to the gym.
I could look into other gyms but I think I will have to drive20 minutes at least. Golds is walking distance from me.
How about finding a gym C option if you must avoid people at gym B.
I don't have a lot of gyms near me. The closest is gold gym which is probably more money and people reported not being able to cancel thier membership during covid.
The hoorible hours at gym a is do to covid paranoia which is why they just created inconviences by having people sign up for blocks just to use thier gym. I hate covid restrictions they treat it like it's the plague. I could look into gym c but I'll have to drive 20 minutes for any of them. Golds is walking distance for me.

People had trouble canceling gold's gym during the pandemic and it's more expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness