Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2021, 08:05 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,616,841 times

Advertisements

Do you have a preference? I must say that for a long time I disregarded Kettlebells because I didn't think much of them but recently I decided to use some for some exercises and I will admit that I used pleased. I felt like they gave me a different type of workout. The way the are made and how the can swing makes them different and I now feel they can be very helpful. I still prefer dumbells but I will incorporate Kettlebells into my workouts for variety and functional strength as well as mobility
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2021, 08:21 AM

1,428 posts, read 1,396,575 times
I LOVE kettlebells, been doing them off and on for years. The exercises are different, but challenging. The variety of exercises keeps me more focused than just lifting a dumbbell.

I do the workouts tabata-style and can get a good, fun full body workout. When I’m being “lazy” and don’t feel like coming up with my own routine, I’ll use Jillian Michaels Shred it with Weights. I also follow Greg Brookes kettlebells. You can sign up for his email newsletter, follow him on Pinterest and he has an app called Kettlebell Wizard that gives a WOD.

Old 03-19-2021, 05:35 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,616,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynaydee View Post
I LOVE kettlebells, been doing them off and on for years. The exercises are different, but challenging. The variety of exercises keeps me more focused than just lifting a dumbbell.

I do the workouts tabata-style and can get a good, fun full body workout. When I’m being “lazy” and don’t feel like coming up with my own routine, I’ll use Jillian Michaels Shred it with Weights. I also follow Greg Brookes kettlebells. You can sign up for his email newsletter, follow him on Pinterest and he has an app called Kettlebell Wizard that gives a WOD.
Nice

Old 03-24-2021, 11:08 PM

2 posts, read 4,373 times
Thumbs up I prefer Adjustable Dumbbells

I prefer Adjustable Dumbbells. If a hectic lifestyle is stopping you from hitting the gym regularly, then a home workout is the best option. But fitting all the gym accessories in the limited home space is a distant dream. With the adjustable dumbbells, you can ditch the expensive free weights and indulge in a full workout session right inside my house.

Old 03-25-2021, 05:09 AM

164 posts, read 126,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynaydee View Post

Hi,

I also love doing kettlebells. Kettlebells are great for shaping a lean, toned, and firm physique with a focus on building strength. These are great for mental and physical workout.

Thanks.

Old 05-29-2021, 06:55 PM

3,192 posts, read 1,435,185 times
I like both dumbells and kettlebells but if i want to burn calories i do kettlebell workouts. kettlebells can be a great conditioning tool. I have lost weight with kettlebells when my diet was decent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness