Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 04:07 PM

578 posts, read 2,529,065 times

Advertisements

About two hrs. after taking oral meds for borderline diabetes, I get hungry, urge or 'wanna eat' after only 2 hrs...I have to talk to myself, and tell me: Hey, you just ate tuna fish & big protein lunch YOUARE NOT HUNGRY".
I'm so sick of talking to myself about this issue!

BTW: Water, does not help....neither does a Protein shake; my brain (hypothalmus) or stomach growling is telling me "HEY, GET A NICE PINK STEAK WHY DONTCHA?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 04:08 PM

578 posts, read 2,529,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
Lack of water will make you feel hungry.
Who told you that myth?> about water making you NOT feel hungry? That lie has been around for decades, I've tried it for 40yrs. and STILL HAVE TO EAT something other than a bottle of water.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:41 PM

326 posts, read 703,911 times
One cause for frequent hunger like that would be consumption of high glycemic index foods like white breads, sugars, chinese foods, ect. Such foods are quickly metabolized into glucose in the blood causing insulin to be released from the pancreas. Because high glycemic index foods cause a larger release of insulin the action is quicker to remove glucose and drop overall blood glucose below resting levels - this triggers the hunger response -- the higher the glycemic index of the food you are eating the quicker the time between meals...

Old 04-05-2012, 04:43 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,771,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
How's your activity level? What does your daily food intake consist of?
Good question. I try to exercise 2-3 times a week running or ellipticals. At work I don't sit down for long, and I'm usually moving about our shop (about 8 car lengths long or better) all the time - some days I'll walk rather briskly throughout the shop.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:53 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
My appetite increases when I haven't consumed enough fat or starches -- this manifests itself as a craving for nuts, or peanut butter, or crackers or rice. I found that if I am not eating about 2-4 servings of starchy foods a day, I have insatiable hunger. The same thing is true if I don't eat at least 40-45g of fat. (It makes no difference how much protein or fiber I have had in that day)

Generally speaking, for most people, increasing protein and fiber kills hunger. But this doesn't work for me.

My hunger level decreases when I do interval training or circuit training or other intense workouts.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:08 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,968,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
My metabolism I wont say is high, because I still have a beer belly that I can't shake for being 29 years old, have had it since I was a kid. But I am trying to eat snacks between meals to boost my metabolism.
This is likely the wrong approach, it's likely making your situation worse. You sound like me. As soon as I stopped all eating after 7 p.m., ate a big low-carb breakfast as soon as I woke up (usually three fried eggs, one piece of buttered toast, and maybe a little meat), and stopped all snacking (3 meals a day, period), I lost 20 pounds without doing anything else. Then I kept with that schedule and added in sprinting and lifting and further improved my diet, and I lost about another 20 pounds. No gut anymore.

I also cut out all cardio, except for fun stuff like the occasional game of pickup basketball. That cut down on my hunger a lot, I believe.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:22 AM

207 posts, read 565,900 times
Lack of good quality sleep. Dehydrated.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:23 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,869,325 times
PMS causes hunger for me.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:42 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
i think a primary reason for hunger is boredom. then there is the desire to eat something delicious like a reeses peanut butter cup.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:53 PM

24 posts, read 153,605 times
definitely sugar. if i eat something like eggs and bacon or chicken i feel fuller for longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness