Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 09:14 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times

Advertisements

I should thank bench presses for crafring these shoulders and getting rid of all the fat:

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...Dql-P_94WrG66I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 06:44 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,312,898 times
Female, 45, 5'4"
I started at 225 pounds in March 2016 and am down about 62 pounds now. (163 on the scale this morning.)

I've done it mostly through nutrition. I'm not "on a diet." I don't count calories or measure my food. I just don't eat sugar and processed food. I'm letting my body drive the weight loss. I have no idea where I'll end up. I've been moving more -- walking, primarily -- since I started, and for the last two months, I've also been doing strength training.

I'm seeing and feeling the results of the strength training. I'm getting stronger and my balance is improving. Earlier today I was out shopping and had to look at something on the lowest shelf. Without even thinking about it, I dropped into a frog squat so I could see and held it for a minute or so. I didn't have to hold onto the shelf for balance, or brace my hands against my knees to help myself stand back up. It was only after I'd stood up that I even realized what I'd done.

A frog squat may not sound like much, but 8 months ago, I was 8 pounds away from Stage III/morbid obesity, and even going DOWN the stairs was taxing for me. My leg muscles were so weak (and my balance so poor) that I could barely support my heft as I moved against gravity. So to be where I am today -- 60-ish pounds lighter and able to dip into and out of a frog squat with no trouble -- is pretty significant.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:27 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
Female, 45, 5'4"
I started at 225 pounds in March 2016 and am down about 62 pounds now. (163 on the scale this morning.)

I've done it mostly through nutrition. I'm not "on a diet." I don't count calories or measure my food. I just don't eat sugar and processed food. I'm letting my body drive the weight loss. I have no idea where I'll end up. I've been moving more -- walking, primarily -- since I started, and for the last two months, I've also been doing strength training.

I'm seeing and feeling the results of the strength training. I'm getting stronger and my balance is improving. Earlier today I was out shopping and had to look at something on the lowest shelf. Without even thinking about it, I dropped into a frog squat so I could see and held it for a minute or so. I didn't have to hold onto the shelf for balance, or brace my hands against my knees to help myself stand back up. It was only after I'd stood up that I even realized what I'd done.

A frog squat may not sound like much, but 8 months ago, I was 8 pounds away from Stage III/morbid obesity, and even going DOWN the stairs was taxing for me. My leg muscles were so weak (and my balance so poor) that I could barely support my heft as I moved against gravity. So to be where I am today -- 60-ish pounds lighter and able to dip into and out of a frog squat with no trouble -- is pretty significant.
That's great. Congratulations on your efforts and progress. Keep it up.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:54 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
It takes a special kind confirmation bias to blow off the President who is under investigation by the FBI for firing the FBI Director as "no big deal".

Does it feel good to be a complete fool for this Narcissistic loon you elected?

Old 03-26-2019, 12:24 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by successglo View Post
1 cup tomorrow morning,burns 3 lbs of belly fat

If you haven't tried this yet,you're going to want to add this to your morning routine
Drinking 1 cup of this delicious hot beverage in the morning sets you up to burn more fat than 45 exhausting minutes on the treadmill.

In fact,some folks are losing up to 23lbs of fat in just 21 days by drinking it every morning.

To know that secret,click the link below for more details.

https://aef22m0aq57pjb1ddbuqdwdzf3.hop.clickbank.net/[/url]

Plus,it's super easy to make right in your own kitchen.
Your 'secret' according to the link you posted is oleoresin capiscum. And you have vastly overstated its effectiveness in weight loss.

Or actually, a 'secret spice' that the author can't reveal in the link, but has the benefits of oleoresin capiscum ''without making you feel like your eyeballs were going to burn through your skull…''

Here is a more accurate assessment of the effectiveness of oleoresin capiscum.
The Research on Capsaicin and Weight Loss
While scientists have yet to confirm that capsaicin can serve as a weight loss aid, some early studies suggest that this compound may be of some benefit. For a report published in Appetite in 2014, for instance, scientists sized up previously published clinical trials investigating the potential benefits of capsaicin compounds (known as capsaicinoids) on energy intake. In their review, the report's authors found evidence that consumption of a minimum of 2 mg of capsaicinoids before a meal reduced energy intake by 74 calories during the meal.

Another study, published in Appetite in 2012, observed an increase in energy expenditure (50 calories per day) with capsaicinoid consumption, and concluded that this increase would result in clinically significant weight loss in one to two years.

https://www.verywellfit.com/capsaici...-it-help-88840

Last edited by Michael Way; 03-26-2019 at 12:33 PM..

Old 04-25-2019, 10:43 AM

163 posts, read 144,158 times
I've attached two photo's of myself. The first one was 3 years ago and unfortunately I stopped while I was getting "good". LOL I'm back on track and that's the 2nd picture doing my favorite exercise! Working deltoid's! That and my back are my favorite parts to work on. I like the definition.

I'm 5'2 and goal is 130 pounds. (47 years old)
155 in 1st photo
165 in 2nd. Still have a ways to go! Hoping by the end of the summer I'll be at goal.
Attached Thumbnails
City-Data Fitness Progress Thread-3-years-ago.jpg   City-Data Fitness Progress Thread-now.jpg  

Old 05-06-2019, 05:19 PM

3 posts, read 12,689 times
I've dropped 30 pounds in 30 days just from eating less. It was very easy for some reason, I had a lot of motivation. I was originally on the diet to get rid of my acne, you know, less sugar, more omega-3 fish oils. I went from 190 lbs to 160 lbs from August to September. It was the biggest achievement I've made in my history of dieting!

Old 04-06-2020, 08:46 PM

2 posts, read 9,858 times
Default Same experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Great idea. I finally ran my first race in my life. Not just 1, but 3 over the past couple months: 5km races. I dislike running, but managed to do it. (I'm much more into hitting the weights.) A byproduct of my training was I lost almost 10 pounds over a couple months. Unfortunately, I lost some muscle mass as well. Now that I'm done running, at least for the year, I'll try to put back about 5 lbs. I know I'll lose some definition and cut, but I want to get back some strength. Has anyone else had the seemingly mutually exclusive goals of getting lean/cut and adding muscle/strength?
I had the same issue. Doing aerobics continuously is not the answer. I mixed it up with a great training plan. Doing that I was able to build up my muscles, gain strength and improve endurance at the same time.

Old 05-10-2020, 09:33 AM

22 posts, read 30,891 times
just found this thread... hoping it will motivate me to make the needed change to better health. Very inspired by all your success stories; striving to add my own to them soon!

Old 06-05-2020, 07:32 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,401,332 times
Yesterday, I did biceps, kicks, Crunches, Chest press, Planks, and some stretches. I use 40 lb dumbbells.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness