Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 09:22 PM

4 posts, read 10,603 times

Advertisements

I am in my early 30's and have been working out since late teens. I have a very developed upper body and under developed thighs and glutes. My calves are ok. kind of neglected my abs but still they are still ok. My problem is I am not confident in the glutes department. Never have been. I'm always wearing long shirts because I'm not confident there. I feel uncomfortable at the gym working on my glutes areas because that is what chicks do but I do need to improve that area. My bench press is alot stronger than my squat. How do men build attractive behinds without raising the suspicions of my perceived sexual preference from the other fellows in the gym?

Mod note: Last sentenced tweaked a bit to make it a little more politically correct - El Rhino

Last edited by El Rhino; 08-04-2008 at 06:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 09:30 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workout2008 View Post
I am in my early 30's and have been working out since late teens. I have a very developed upper body and under developed thighs and glutes. My calves are ok. kind of neglected my abs but still they are still ok. My problem is I am not confident in the glutes department. Never have been. I'm always wearing long shirts because I'm not confident there.
Not confident as in you have a flat ass? Squat, lunge, deadlift, and do good mornings. Your glutes will respond (they'll have no choice). Now, the degree to which you can build them is largely dictated by your genetics. All of the above exercises have the added benefit of working your quads and hamstrings. Make sure to stretch properly after you're done working out to prevent crazy DOMS.

Quote:
I feel uncomfortable at the gym working on my glutes areas because that is what chicks do but I do need to improve that area.
Get over yourself. Best thing to do for glutes: squats, lunges, good mornings, deadlifts. Not many chicks do those, and those who do have my respect. Were you thinking about the butt blaster or some other machine? Do some real work, bud.

Quote:
My bench press is alot stronger than my squat. How do men build attractive behinds without it being gay?
I resent the last part.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:45 PM

4 posts, read 10,603 times
Sorry about the last part. I now live with family in this ultra conservative area that is kind of country. So there are a lot of manly men who are over the top manly. Anyway, thank you for your response.

What are good mornings?

Old 08-03-2008, 10:24 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,032 times
Quote:
Sorry about the last part. I now live with family in this ultra conservative area that is kind of country. So there are a lot of manly men who are over the top manly. Anyway, thank you for your response.

What are good mornings?
How to Do the Good Morning Exercise video and other Gym videos at 5min (http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Do-the-Good-Morning-Exercise-23492201 - broken link)

You're welcome. The internet, thankfully, is not tied to any particular part of the country.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:11 AM

1,744 posts, read 7,259,764 times
Quote:
. How do men build attractive behinds without raising the suspicions of my perceived sexual preference from the other fellows in the gym?

Just don't wink at them or blow kisses while you're wailing on your glutes, I guess.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:23 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,278,166 times
That's strange that you don't feel comfortable working that area since I see lots of men at our gym working theirs. It seems like a lot of men get caught up on their upper body and forget their lower, I always laugh and say ""one day they are going to fall over because their legs can't hold up the rest of them." Squats work really well.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:06 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
Kissing men is the only way you will ever have an attractive behind!

Get smoochin!

(UGH...silly conservatives)

Old 08-04-2008, 08:22 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,163,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rhino View Post
Just don't wink at them or blow kisses while you're wailing on your glutes, I guess.
LMAO.....ummmm, ya think?

Old 08-23-2008, 11:13 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,050,573 times
buy those boxer briefs with the pads inside. I bought some 2 years ago because I have no butt either. They look great ! Makes me look like I have a butt and they are comfortable and well prices. Forgot the brand name, do a search on google.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:46 AM

645 posts, read 1,964,532 times
Squats, Squats, Squats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness