Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 08:47 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,162,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Well I am definitely not paying $1000 for this program but since they have a lot of it on video on their site, I was able to do a lot last night and this morning.

I really like it as it reminds me of the kind of workouts I used to do in the backyard when I was a kid.
as opposed to an old man? I kid!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 09:44 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,643,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I am in love with this instructor:
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...ullupStep4.mov

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

She's really not my type, but I can see why you would be impressed.......

Old 12-04-2008, 09:54 AM

For those who aren't really at a high level of fitness and need to get in better shape before trying Crossfit, go to www.simplefit.org and work on those exercises. You'll be Crossfitting in no time!

Old 12-04-2008, 10:04 AM

Hi Lola!

Old 12-04-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Hi Lola!
Hi!!! I'm sorry, didn't see your post earlier. How is Sunil's Daddy???

Old 12-04-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Hi!!! I'm sorry, didn't see your post earlier. How is Sunil's Daddy???
Oh, pretty good. You?

Old 12-04-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Oh, pretty good. You?
Can't complain...

Old 12-05-2008, 05:13 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
Oh man!!! I am loving this. The past couple of days Ive been sampling some of their workouts and am having so much fun.

I did this one last night but instead of rings I did overhand pullups:
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...izabethRxd.mov

This one also. I have a low row station with a weight stack on my cage at home that I did instead of a plain rowing machine and since I didnt get to go buy myself a medicine ball, I used my 200lb heavy bag instead to push. The sumo deadlift I did on my smith machine.
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...xplanation.mov

I'll post back on this thread in a month or so with my reviews on this. So far, though, its helluva fun and a great workout.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:37 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
UPDATE:

Okay, I thought I was tough, but Im really not so tough. The past few days (Sunday, Monday and today) Ive been trying the "Filthy Fifty" CrossFit workout that consists of the following:

50 Box Jumps
50 Jumping Pullups
50 Kettle Bell swings (I used 40lb dumbbell)
50 Lunges
50 hanging knee lifts
50 Overhead barbell presses (I used 65lbs)
50 Decline situps (did this instead of back extensions)
50 Squat to overhead press (did this instead of medicine ball push)
50 Burpees
50 Double unders (jump rope where rope swings twice under feet on one jump)

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...ilthyFifty.mov

On Sunday, I tried to to just 5 of each (Im not in the best shape right now) and was amazed at how hard it was. I barely finished.

Yesterday, I decided to try it but instead of 50 I did 25. I had to quit at the "push presses".

Today, I decided to try the entire thing as a complete workout but did not bother to time myself and didnt push too hard. I just about died. Other than when I tested for my black belt, this was one of the most difficult physical workouts Ive ever pushed myself to do. Now, I feel great after just collapsing on the floor for a while. Did some stretching and got some food in me. The hardest part were the 50 burpees.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:31 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,305,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubba View Post
has anyone tried it? how was it? is it as brutal as it looks? I want to give it a try but I am scared I can't cope.. I don't do sports but I work out occasionally at the gym and sometimes attend fitness classes at the gym.

I do CF workouts on occasion and if you put everything into it, it will be intense. I will say when I trained with the CF crew in the past, the intensity was much more pronounced since the atmosphere was and still is definitely competitive and coach pushed us hard. I feel that those factors increase the "brutality" level to a much higher degree as opposed to when working out solo. That's not to say solo workouts aren't hard..I workout by myself 98% of the time. However, when you are around a motivated group of people going for time, it's a lot different.

Have nothing to fear. The best and most productive thing to do is perform the sessions at your own fitness level. For instance, the "Cindy" workout calls for 5 pullups, 10 pushups and 15 squats..looks easy at first, but after doing this for 10 min straight, it's tough. You can always adjust the reps, pace and rest periods to your ability.

Granted, it's pricey, but you can also do these at home with minimal equipment. There is a huge list of modified workouts on the site that encompass mostly bodyweight if you don't have kettlebells, rings or an Olympic set.

As mentioned by another poster, it's probably a good idea to get the fundamentals down as far as the excercises, build a base, then go from there. Additionally, I would also get proficient in the KB and Olympic lifts as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness