U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 12-02-2008, 12:31 AM

65 posts, read 294,172 times
Default Crossfit

has anyone tried it? how was it? is it as brutal as it looks? I want to give it a try but I am scared I can't cope.. I don't do sports but I work out occasionally at the gym and sometimes attend fitness classes at the gym.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 12-02-2008, 06:42 AM

4,589 posts, read 8,177,643 times
Crossfit is an awesome program if you are trying to loose body fat and gain a bit of muscle. I run that program and it seriously kicks butt! Are you planning on going through a trainer or are you looking into a video or something?

Unread 12-02-2008, 09:53 AM

They are group classes right? or are do people usually work individually with a trainer? I am looking into attending the actual thing.. I have seen some clips on youtube and it looks really hard. I am not overweight, though I would love to shed a few pounds and get toner.. Is this program really for anyone (couch potatoes to sport pros) or would you recommend going to gym and have some sort of a work out routine first before joining a crossfit program?

Unread 12-02-2008, 10:08 AM

12,980 posts, read 17,055,566 times
That looks really cool. Had to Google it because I never heard of it before. Too bad they arent offering classes in L.A.

what is CrossFit?

Lola, you've done it? It looks really fun.

Unread 12-02-2008, 10:17 AM

Yea...I actually use it as a training meathod for my clients who are looking to slim down. It does involve quite a bit of cardio so it's not recomended for those looking to bulk up or gain mass.....but it is an amazing program for those looking to loose body fat and tone up a bit. There are many different meathods and if you go through a trainer your crossfit program should be tailored to your specific goals. But yes, it will seriously wind you and make you feel like dying.....I LOVE IT!!!!

Unread 12-02-2008, 10:37 AM

5,079 posts, read 7,856,293 times
Question for Lola8822.....

your advice is really good. I see that you mentioned "my clients". Are you a trainer? What advice would you give someone like me who won't be joining a gym but can be pretty good about following a routine... if I only have access to walking and my elliptical... and if I follow a really good mean plan, what else can I do to bump myself up and workout??

Unread 12-02-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Question for Lola8822.....

your advice is really good. I see that you mentioned "my clients". Are you a trainer? What advice would you give someone like me who won't be joining a gym but can be pretty good about following a routine... if I only have access to walking and my elliptical... and if I follow a really good mean plan, what else can I do to bump myself up and workout??
Of course, I will PM you

Unread 12-02-2008, 11:58 AM

Thumbs up Awesome!!!

Okay, Im sold on this. A bit more research on this and I think I'll start doing it asap.

This falls more along with my type of training which is more for GO than for SHOW.

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...SplitLifts.mov
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...ngSquatsMR.mov
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...ssicaHelen.mov
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...leLindaWOD.mov

I am in love with this instructor:
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...ullupStep4.mov

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Unread 12-02-2008, 11:06 PM

I'm in the seattle area and got to know this program actually from an ad at a lululemon store. (NWCrossfit) .. They are offering the first workout for free so I think I am gonna check that out soon!

Unread 12-03-2008, 03:52 PM

Well I am definitely not paying $1000 for this program but since they have a lot of it on video on their site, I was able to do a lot last night and this morning.

I really like it as it reminds me of the kind of workouts I used to do in the backyard when I was a kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness