Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 12:08 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,079,887 times

Advertisements

I've seen this advertised and am considering buying it for some easy Ab exercises. I need to work on my Abs...

Does anyone have any experience with the Bender Ball? Does it work? What are your thoughts?

Any input greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 12:52 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,989,910 times
I'm interested, too! I currently use a larger "balance ball" for my sit-up's/crunches....wondered if the little Bender Ball does anything different to your form. No need to spend extra money if what I have is working!

Old 01-08-2009, 02:27 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,140,209 times
I'm interested as well. I usually do my crunches on a mat but that's boring. Granted, it's been working well, and I like my results, but I need something more fun.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:00 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
Better to save your money and get something else. Its just another gimmicky device to separate people from their money. There is nothing better than just good old fashion situps. You're better off just buying an ab book that gives you many different routines than to waste money on that silly product.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:51 PM

It hurts my neck to do crunches on the floor--I find doing them on a big exercise ball really eliminates that.
I was hoping someone had used the Bender ball--if it works I could take it on trips with me--the big ball is just too big to transport!

Old 01-09-2009, 06:37 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
It hurts my neck to do crunches on the floor--I find doing them on a big exercise ball really eliminates that.
Exercising your stomach should not hurt your neck if your doing the movements correctly. Do not interlace your fingers behind your head when doing crunches. Its best to extend your arms towards the ceiling or have your fingertips lightly touching your ears.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:03 AM

181 posts, read 607,232 times
The Bender Ball is similar to the inflatable balance disc. It is good for abs because it gives you a better range of motion, for more effective use by muscles, and it supports the spine/lower back for lower ab exercises. I prefer the balance disc because you can use it for all of the bender ball exercises, and you can stand on it, use it for lunges, etc when you work your upper body. It's more versatile.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:55 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,397,710 times
My trainer makes me use it occassionally. I laughed at first, but that ball works the muscles very well. The BenderBall, like GMonkey said helps target various range of motion. It works!

Old 01-23-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Exercising your stomach should not hurt your neck if your doing the movements correctly. Do not interlace your fingers behind your head when doing crunches. Its best to extend your arms towards the ceiling or have your fingertips lightly touching your ears.
I don't pull on my neck at all--I have a pinched nerve back there and lying directly on the floor really makes my neck and shoulders hurt. Doing crunches on the inflatable ball seems to work best, but it's too big to carry on vacation. I was hoping the Bender ball might be a suitable substitute!

Old 12-09-2009, 06:56 PM

Ok---bought one...and it's great! Very small and really seems to work the ab muscles! It came with a couple of CD's to get you started....I really feel those muscles working when I use it. Now, I just need to get rid of the last bit of fat on my abdominal area...unfortunately, when I lose weight, it goes from my poor little boobs first, then my face, then my butt....the "love handle" region is the LAST to go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness