Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 10:39 AM

58 posts, read 139,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
I only played when I was in the seventh grade. I could tackle anybody even if I was the smallest kid out there (at the time). The biggest ones just hit the ground a little harder. I always went for the legs -- that is until Coach told me to hit higher and harder. That's when I got my concussion. I never went back.

It may be that if you mass a little more, pretty much matching your opponent, then you'll be OK when you hit somebody hard. I don't know. I never knew what the point was. I tackled everybody, didn't I?
The bigger people are mostly fat people here, and I just love it when the oposing teams has put their chubbies in the wedge on kick-off....like hiting a choclate cake just gotta love wedgebreaking Btw i'm more of a technique player since most of my competition have always had size and mostly strengh over me, still my block responsibility never made the tackle the entire last season
But now im moving up from juniors (17-19 year olds) to seniors(19~35) so it's about to get tougher...

back to topic
I'm starting to really hate the cleans... gotta do em though...need to be able to powerclean 220 lbs in a few weeks for our gym tests and I just got the technique "right", or at least acceptable last week... so far the highest i've gone is 165...but that was before I learned techique gonna try a new max soon.

I'm a bit closer in bench where we also have to do 220, last max (1 week ago) i did 190... so 30 lbs to go there.

(not sure i got the LB-KG right but shouldn't be too far off...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 07:52 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,128,114 times
Best of luck to ya! You got some pretty good feedback, here. I was just now thinking, if you get a little hurt (feels minor) with the weights, you might want to lay off for a bit. It might mean you need a little more time to let it heal, but only you can make that determination--one more day, whatever. I'd let Coach know, if he is supervising any weight stuff at school.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:44 AM

58 posts, read 139,597 times
Im not in school, it's not the same system here in sweden... school teams are really rare I think there is one or two in the whole country, it's club based so I only meet the coach twice a week, and there are no weights around where we have our speed/agility practises...

Old 02-11-2009, 07:13 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
Somebody was telling once about working to failure. So I did. One time, though, I was laying on a bench pushing the weights. I got to a point where I couldn't move it anymore, so I was trapped. I had to yell at somebody who did have a spotter to get the weights off me.

One lesson from that is, it's a bad idea t do it by yourself.
That sounds like it could have been really bad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness