Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 06:02 PM

465 posts, read 463,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Every bodybuilder does cheat reps? LOL.

You know what I've noticed about your posts? It's that each time someone refutes anything you say, you respond by qualifying your previous statements. First you said 10-15 reps per set were needed for muscle growth. Then you revised it to say that the last 5 could be cheat reps. Next you said that good form only matters on certain lifts like deadlifts, but not as much on things like lat raises. Finally, you say that you only do cheat reps with lighter weights. This is why I think you have no credibility on the subject of fitness. You keep revising what you're saying, but all you're doing is showing that you have no credibility on this subject.

Oh and to answer your question as to whether it's better to do 10 reps to failure and then stopping or pushing out 5 more with momentum, the answer is the former. If you have to rely on momentum to squeeze out another rep, it implies you have no control over the weight. Also, momentum easily leads to injury, which is I'm dumbfounded that anyone who claims to know anything about fitness would be telling people to use momentum.
What you are doing is reading what I say, and then in your mind you are slightly misinterpretting it, which is leading to your confusion. You are really understanding what i'm saying wrong.

Some of the things i've said are things I do most of the time, or things that I think work the best. But you are percieving it as though i'm saying it is the one and only best way. That's not what i'm saying here. There is no best way. But, I think I do know what works for most people to hypertrophy their muscles.

And you are also meshing together different things i'm saying and mixing them up, thus confusing yourself. I could go step by step and correct you about what I really meant, but I really don't want to take the time to do that.

All the things I have been recomending are geared towards one goal. Maximum muscle growth and maximum visual imporovement of your muscles. Bodybuilding, not sports training or fitness. Maybe I should have specified from the beginning that what i'm talking about is a bodybuilding regimen?

Momentum reps are fine. For the past ten years i've been using momentum to push out extra reps and i've never been injured.

If you don't want to listen to what i'm saying, I don't give a ****. Keep doing your own thing. I'm just throwing my opinion out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 06:17 PM

541 posts, read 2,138,221 times
I always do weights first. I sweat a lot with cardio, so don't want to have to wipe the weights too much. Also, I feel like i get a more effective workout if I do cardio after weights.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:09 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
What you are doing is reading what I say, and then in your mind you are slightly misinterpretting it, which is leading to your confusion. You are really understanding what i'm saying wrong.

Some of the things i've said are things I do most of the time, or things that I think work the best. But you are percieving it as though i'm saying it is the one and only best way. That's not what i'm saying here. There is no best way. But, I think I do know what works for most people to hypertrophy their muscles.

And you are also meshing together different things i'm saying and mixing them up, thus confusing yourself. I could go step by step and correct you about what I really meant, but I really don't want to take the time to do that.

All the things I have been recomending are geared towards one goal. Maximum muscle growth and maximum visual imporovement of your muscles. Bodybuilding, not sports training or fitness. Maybe I should have specified from the beginning that what i'm talking about is a bodybuilding regimen?

Momentum reps are fine. For the past ten years i've been using momentum to push out extra reps and i've never been injured.
My responses are based on what you've read. Don't blame me if you can't do a good job of explaining yourself, especially since I'm not the only one who's "misinterpreted" your words.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:21 AM

465 posts, read 463,677 times
For you to be so against the use of cheat reps is very, very amatuer of you.

Cheat reps are a fundamental part of pushing yourself further when you are lifting. If you never do cheat reps, you are missing out on pushing a couple more reps out that you could have done.

No offense, but that makes you look like a total noob to say that.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:38 AM

968 posts, read 2,588,972 times
Quote:

Cheat reps are a fundamental part of pushing yourself further when you are lifting. If you never do cheat reps, you are missing out on pushing a couple more reps out that you could have done.

You're not using proper lifting technique if you cheat. There is simply no better way to hurt yourself. Judging from your philosophy of simply isolating small muscle you probably don't put yourself at very high risk.

Perhaps some real lifts might teach you a thing or 3 about cheat reps.

Anyone can cheat bicep curls, or skullcrushers.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:12 AM

968 posts, read 2,588,972 times
Quote:
[abandoned post[/mod]
75% of the lifts I do are compound lifts like squats, deads, bench, etc. I posted my routine in the other thead. Go check it out .
You mentioned I'm doing too much compound. Your routine looks similiar to mine only not periodized. Perhaps you should look it up.

You must be weak based on your lashing out at me. I'm sorry you can't take criticism. Steroids do have the tendency to make one emotional.

So you criticized me for doing compound lifts and labeled me as a steriod loving powerlifter. Then you come back with almost the same routine I posted. Funny how the things you said about mine could be said about yours. I'm starting to think you are just some person who doesn't really workout but simply somone who has no life coming to a forum causing problems.

Last edited by Granny Sue; 11-04-2010 at 11:06 AM..

Old 11-04-2010, 09:15 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Do 2 a days...cardio in the am to keep the metabolism revved all day and then lift weights in the late afternoon/evening.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:59 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:

Let's recap. You've called people who disagree with you amateur, noob, a moron and idiot. And you expect people to take your claims seriously when you have to resort to insults to make up for your unconvincing arguments? LOL.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:10 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,534,548 times
Alright guys.....it's ok to disagree but personal attacks aren't acceptable.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:37 PM

1 posts, read 885 times
If you are trying to loose weight what i should do first weight and then cardio or viceversa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness