Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 08:51 PM

69 posts, read 241,335 times

Advertisements

I exercise 3 hours a week--- jogging on treadmill-- 3 days a week, 1 hour each day, Fri-Sun. I like doing this because it gives me a lot of energy and I am more alert. 3 hours is the maximum for me because 1) I am not even overweight in the first place and 2) I hate doing it during the weekdays
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 09:23 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,053,234 times
Five to six hours, including three weight work-outs and three runs.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:35 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,963 times
Five hours. Four in the gym spread out over four nights, then an extra hour divided up into 2 to 3 running sessions.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:21 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Geez.......... thats tough for me to answer because I keep mixing up my workouts so that I wont get bored. Often, I do a 5k run in the morning. Crossfit or weights in the afternoon. Martial arts in the evening. Sometimes yoga. Sometimes I'll play the 13 year old in a few games of basketball. All this on the same day.

On average:

Martial arts: 18hrs per week
Running: 4-5 hours
Weights/Crossfit: 7 hours
Yoga/taichi: 3 hours

Wow!! About 30 hours per week. This includes warmup time.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:36 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Geez.......... thats tough for me to answer because I keep mixing up my workouts so that I wont get bored. Often, I do a 5k run in the morning. Crossfit or weights in the afternoon. Martial arts in the evening. Sometimes yoga. Sometimes I'll play the 13 year old in a few games of basketball. All this on the same day.

On average:

Martial arts: 18hrs per week
Running: 4-5 hours
Weights/Crossfit: 7 hours
Yoga/taichi: 3 hours

Wow!! About 30 hours per week. This includes warmup time.
DDDDabeeezzz...are you old enough to have a 13 year old??? WOW! Hahahaha.....just kidding

I would have to say....I spend about 6 hours a week working out in the gym....I also jog on the weekends around my neighborhood.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:44 AM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Hmmmm....probably about 7 hours is typical...I'd like to kick it up a notch and will probably try to get in more cardio like running while my kids bike etc.

Basketball 2-5 hours a week
Weights 2-3 hours a week
Misc cardio. 1-2 hours a week

Old 05-21-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
DDDDabeeezzz...are you old enough to have a 13 year old??? WOW! Hahahaha.....just kidding
Well............. I guess technically its possible. Its actually my wife's kid who is with us 3 nights of the week. She had him really young though.

Looking at my numbers, they are I think higher than they should be. I think I should be in much better shape than Im in now with 30+ hours of exercise per week.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:01 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Well............. I guess technically its possible. Its actually my wife's kid who is with us 3 nights of the week. She had him really young though.

Looking at my numbers, they are I think higher than they should be. I think I should be in much better shape than Im in now with 30+ hours of exercise per week.
DaBeez, I am no expert, but I have done a TON of research while I've been doing the X. To me it sounds like you're doing too much. Unless you spend all day stuffing your face full of clean foods, there's almost no way you could be keeping up with what you must be burning. It may almost be counter productive to be doing so much? Do you at least take a sugary recovery drink post workout?

I do about 7 hours a week at the minute of really heavy exercise. Plus I do a lot of walking.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
DaBeez, I am no expert, but I have done a TON of research while I've been doing the X. To me it sounds like you're doing too much. Unless you spend all day stuffing your face full of clean foods, there's almost no way you could be keeping up with what you must be burning. It may almost be counter productive to be doing so much? Do you at least take a sugary recovery drink post workout?

I do about 7 hours a week at the minute of really heavy exercise. Plus I do a lot of walking.
I think you're right. I take zero supplements/vitamins other than Udos Choice oil and whey protein shakes post workout. A couple weeks ago I had to cut one of my runs short because it felt like I was running in waist high mud - weirdest feeling ever.

I think a lot of it has to do with the amount of time I do my martial arts. Its usually around 3 hours per day, sometimes less, sometimes more. I also eat fairly well and often. If I feel like Im overdoing it, I usually take a day or two off and do NOTHING.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:20 AM

69 posts, read 241,335 times
You guys are hardcore with this exercising stuff, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness